Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-06-2007, 11:02 PM

Location: this forum again I will ban you. If you send me an email or private message, I will ban you.
Default Re: Lucky You movie review (spoilers)

[ QUOTE ]
I guess we'll just have to wait for the Madison Kid movie.

[/ QUOTE ]

this poker movie sounds better...
Old 05-07-2007, 12:36 AM

Lucy You was ok. I dont think it deserved all the horrible reviews. It was like a solid 2.5 stars out of 4.
Old 05-07-2007, 12:58 AM

Has anyone seen this movie:

No Limit: A Search for the American Dream on the Poker Tournament Trail
Old 05-07-2007, 02:15 PM

Here is what I think.

I just about walked out of the theater when he folded AA. I saw it with my girlfriend and she hates gambling, poker etc and she was even getting into it up until that part. The only way for them to save themselves would have been to let Huck's father actualy win after Huck dumped his stack to him. On another note, i think if this movie was turned out to be how i originaly thought it was be ( a romantic comedy with little poker splashed in) then i would have liked it a thousand times more. LOL @ how he just conviently didn't have a problem not showing the cameras his cards either. But setting all of that aside, i havent seen anyone talk about this yet...
Didn't you guys get the crap annoyed out of you by the way that Huck acted at the table. He seemed like such a $H!+ head to me. The way he would talk to people and just his demeaner made him look like a total douche imo. I hated the actor and the movie put me on life tilt. I think if they remade that movie with a full frontal nudity scene it would earn a full star.
Old 05-07-2007, 02:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
How many real poker players do you know whose kids hate them?

[/ QUOTE ]

Allegedly Minneapolis Jim Meehans's son...

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would his kid be any different from anyone else? He seems like a miserable drunk SOB.
Old 05-07-2007, 02:58 PM

This movie sounds mildly awesome.
Old 05-07-2007, 03:26 PM

I was hoping this movie to get all us poker pros laid like rockstars [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]. Sounds like it just makes us all seem like degegn losers. beat.
Old 05-07-2007, 03:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It is unfair to portray poker in such a sleazy light when there are skads of twentysomethings sitting on some heavy bankrolls.

[/ QUOTE ]

If we all send this quote to our local congressmen, I think we can get a bill passed legalizing online poker in the U.S. within a matter of days!!!
Old 05-07-2007, 03:56 PM

This movie was disappointing. However, it was better than Spiderman.

I couldn't find a third terrible movie to see this weekend to complete the trifecta.
Old 05-07-2007, 04:03 PM

I saw it and while it wasn't good, I didn't think it was horrible. I thought there was some poker content that was subtly done. Examples:

Money goes all in on the turn. Hero has a set vs kings and jacks and has to fade K and J on the river. Before the river came off I said "queen" to my fiancee, and sure enough, it was a queen. You know, for that moment of suspense you get when you have to fade one or two face cards and a brick face card comes off instead.

The final hand for the "hero", the AA v KK. Down to three players, blinds 20000/40000, hero on the button, dad in SB, internet donk in BB. Internet donk looks at his cards right away. Hero sees that, and also sees that his dad sees that. Knowing that his dad will raise any two against the BB who clearly doesn't love his hand, he limps with AA and lets his dad make the raise to 100,000 for him.

I knew what I was in for after the eight chick flick previews and the fact that patrons in my theater were all either couples or groups of women.

My fiancee liked it well enough, but she is just starting to get an interest in poker.

The highlight for me was when the "hero" peeked down at aces, the 65 y/o lady a couple rows up lets out a loud "OH MY GOSH!"