Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-07-2007, 12:23 PM

Default Re: \"Basically, i want to know, whether i should play in sats or not.\"

[ QUOTE ]
Cliff's Notes of this thread

[/ QUOTE ]

TeddyFBI FTW! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-07-2007, 01:13 PM

Default Re: \"Basically, i want to know, whether i should play in sats or not.\"

[ QUOTE ]

That "logic" makes my head hurt.

It's like a homeless guy asking people to give him their leftover food instead of change b/c he doesn't trust himself not to just use the money to buy drugs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Like I said - it gave me a huge laugh. The logic is perplexing.
Old 05-07-2007, 02:08 PM

This thread is hilarious. I actually read it in its entirety twice now. Good stuff.
Old 05-08-2007, 05:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Am i being leveled by this entire thread?

From what I can tell, OP is arguing that he'd RATHER have the buy-in than 10K in cash b/c then he wouldn't spend it to buy in -- he's lamenting have that choice available to him???

[/ QUOTE ]

He's not saying he'd RATHER have the buy-in than the cash. He's simply admitting to himself (and us) that he knows that once the 10K is in his hands he will not use it to buy into the main event. It's not prudent to spend 3x your regular bankroll on one tournament.

The difference is purely psychological but there is a difference for nearly all players who's regular bankroll is less than a certain amount. All the OP is saying that because of the pychological difference he sees no point in going in the sats. I don't think he's complaining... he's just saying they are now the same or worse than regular tournaments now.
Old 05-08-2007, 05:52 PM

Use the money for the smaller circuit events ftw.
Old 05-08-2007, 06:15 PM

There is a real disappointment behind all of this though...

When the Chris Moneymakers of the world DO get their hands on 10k instead of an entry, they'll blow it all on coke and booze before the ME even starts

Leaving the ME much less of a donkfest

But I have maybe a 1% chance of playing in it so I dont care.

TeddyFBI FTW
Old 05-08-2007, 07:15 PM

Tonight I'm playing the 33+R I won that seat for $4 in the $2+R. If I was to some how win the "seat" I'd take the cash then probably try play a few more ME sats and if I was lucky enough to win again I'd go play in it then. I have a very small BR. I play $1-$2 LHE. So of course I wouldn't take the seat if given the chance. I've played very few ME sats because I'd be forced to take the seat. I'd def much rather have $11k in my account than still a few hundred! But thats just me [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 05-08-2007, 07:21 PM

And also the higher stakes online players are very glad about this change also. If I won a seat do you think I'd still play $1-$2 LHE? No. I'd move up to $3-$6 or $5-$10 and donk away some of that nice roll! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] And you know they'll be some tards sitting at the $25-$50NL games hoping to catch some cards against the sharks. Which will of course take that roll off them in a hurry!
Old 05-08-2007, 08:32 PM

I'm surprised by the way the online sites have handled this.

Harrah's introduced that $10,000 "buy-in chip" didn't they? I really expected that the online sites would be purchasing those and distributing them to players-- it's not third-party registration since it's really just chip that Harrah's will take in place of the fee when you register.

I wonder if Harrah's refused to sell them to the US-facing online sites.
Old 05-08-2007, 11:41 PM

Personally I thought the sites would make it a much stronger incentive to play in the event.

such as holding back $5k of it or something.

If you can scratch up the $5k and buy-in yourself then they will deposit it immediately into your Stars account + a $500 bonus once you have registered.

Since you can register online most people should be able to come up with a way to do this. Register via credit-card and once you have proof that you're registered you immediately get the rest of the money available for withdrawl to paytru or bank-wire or whatever.

If you can't get that much scratch then you don't get the $500 bonus.
You show up with the $5k cash that they give you or you just leave it in your Stars account.
You give it to Stars upon your arrival.
At this point they wire all $10k into your checking-account or paytru card or whatever and you sit with them and YOU register for the event on a computer in their little Stars suite while they are there with you.

This is assuming that such wires happen immediately and that online-registration is still taking place.
If no on either of those then it becomes a bigger pain trying to pull it off.

Maybe give them the $5k, then they walk with you to the registration area and when you get there they give you the $10k and watch you register?

This seems pretty far-fecthed to have to do with so many customers. Although I think you could hope for more of them to get the $5k themselves ahead of time for the bonus.

Also note that every player who just decides they would rather keep the $5k in cash (perfectly their right) is basically 'giving' Stars $6k or $7k or so by not going through with the registration and hotel accomodations, etc.