Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-07-2007, 07:40 AM

Default Re: Reservation of Czech railway tickets/Does anybody speak Czech here

Any Slavic language is likely close enough, the closer geographically the better. But don't start talking to them in Russian, I understand they still have strong feelings against the Soviet 'invaders'.

By the way, that's not the way I understood it. My guess is that if there are more than 8 days left, the reservation expires if you don't pay in 8 days. If there are between 8 and 3 days left, you have until 24:00 the day after you make the reservation. Two days before departure, you have to pay the same day you made the reservation. Even later and you can show up and buy a ticket, but not make reservations in advance and then pay later.

I didn't translate that liberally originally, because there are a lot of words in there that I haven't the slightest clue about. But this makes the most sense logically.

Now, I'm finally gonna fire up some tables. I can't believe I'm too lazy for even that.

EDIT: enjoy your trip!
Old 05-07-2007, 11:19 AM

Thanks again.

[ QUOTE ]
Any Slavic language is likely close enough, the closer geographically the better. But don't start talking to them in Russian, I understand they still have strong feelings against the Soviet 'invaders'.

[/ QUOTE ]

No chance in me speaking Russian in there; even though i live only 300 km from Russian border, i only know maybe 20 words in Russian. A lot of people here were i live talk about Soviet invasion without the '' so i totally understand why the Czechs might be pissed about Russians.

[ QUOTE ]
By the way, that's not the way I understood it. My guess is that if there are more than 8 days left, the reservation expires if you don't pay in 8 days. If there are between 8 and 3 days left, you have until 24:00 the day after you make the reservation. Two days before departure, you have to pay the same day you made the reservation. Even later and you can show up and buy a ticket, but not make reservations in advance and then pay later.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, i understood that from your original translation. I was just thinking that if i can only reserve the tickets 1 day in advance, it's probably not going to be worth the hassle (considering that it should be easy to get tickets without reservation + we can always find additional means to get to Berlin if it comes to that).
Old 05-07-2007, 11:20 AM

Yo I'm not reading this long thread but if you really need something translated PM me and I will do my best to get it, my moms is a native Czech speaker.