Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-07-2007, 01:25 AM

Default Re: Smells like Teen Value...

So basically with his tight raising range, the action, and the board, the only hand that he could have that you beat is KQ; and given his range and the nature of the hand, it's unlikely that he has it (or AQ for a split) enough for the pot odds... ok, I think I get it. It's just hard for me to unmarry myself from TPTK especially when I've decided to play it passively for maximum extraction.
Old 05-07-2007, 01:32 AM

Against an unknown, I assume they can't fire 3 barrels here with anything you beat. If your calling it's for a chop at best. I don't mind taking a passive line at all vs unknown villans.
Old 05-07-2007, 01:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So basically with his tight raising range, the action, and the board, the only hand that he could have that you beat is KQ; and given his range and the nature of the hand, it's unlikely that he has it (or AQ for a split) enough for the pot odds... ok, I think I get it. It's just hard for me to unmarry myself from TPTK especially when I've decided to play it passively for maximum extraction.

[/ QUOTE ]

IDK if Hero played passively to extract max value. I chalk it up to not wanting to stack off with TPTK vs an unknown UTG raiser
Old 05-07-2007, 01:36 AM

Didn't mean to connote anything negative about playing it passively; it's just that earlier in the thread someone said raising the flop would avoid a difficult situation, and others pointed out that avoiding difficult situations doesn't equal maximizing e.v. And I can see how calling (being passive here) on two streets is better than raising the flop. Just noting that my own tendency would be to call the river (in error.)

Edit: Are you saying that there might be another line to extract the most from the situation vs. an unknown?

Also is an opponent still considered an unknown if you know their stats over a certain sample and just haven't seen them get out of line?
Old 05-07-2007, 01:48 AM

fwiw, If you think the decision is close, calling is better than folding IMO. by calling it gives you a better table image in that its harder to bluff at you. Also you get information on villain and how he plays.

given all that, (unless villain has a history of 3 barreling) I'd fold in this situation cuz it def looks like hes taking you to valuetown.
Old 05-07-2007, 02:38 AM

a little deeper maybe you can shove here. as is i think you have to fold.
Old 05-07-2007, 03:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
a little deeper maybe you can shove here. as is i think you have to fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

I assume you would shove b/c you believe that you aren't going to win by just calling. Plus he isn't going to fold AA, KK now, folds AQ which we have tied and folds all other hands we already have beat.

Hand in question is a river fold for reasons already pointed out by others.
Old 05-07-2007, 08:36 AM

river is a definite fold.
Old 05-07-2007, 08:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
An over-aggro TAG means he double barrels too much, he's still rarely triple barreling.

I think the main thing is this board is so dry that there's like nothing but a Q that I can have, and there's no reason for me to fold a Q, so it would be retarded for him to triple barrel a worse hand.

There are a lot of retarded maniac villains where I would definitely call river but it's pretty sick here without a strong read.

BTW I would be more inclined to call if I was OOP and check-calling the whole way down because that shows more weakness and induces more triples from tags, but I also wouldn't want to be check-calling this hand anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 05-07-2007, 08:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
minraise the turn for a free showdown.

just throwing that out there.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think he's shoving over the top a lot if we raise here. Flop psb + turn psb donks into pfrer is pretty strong.