Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-05-2007, 04:50 PM

Default Have I just been rivered?

MP1 is pretty loose with a VPIP of around 60 but I haven't any firm reads on him yet. CO is 58.82:11.43:2.14 after about 140 hands, so kind of LAG.
I rarely limp AA pre-flop, but there hadn't been a lot of cold calling so far and many raises were just picking up the blinds. I know I shouldn't do it and I promise it won't happen again any time soon.
Should I bet this river? If so, am I folding to a raise?

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, CO calls, BB folds, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO caps</font>, Hero calls, MP1 calls.

Turn: (8.50 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls, CO calls.

River: (11.50 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero?
Old 05-05-2007, 05:29 PM

Default Re: Have I just been rivered?

lol...just raise PF

BTW, you're toast on the river!
Old 05-05-2007, 06:00 PM

bet &amp; call one more
Old 05-05-2007, 06:08 PM

raise preflop
bet the river and see
Old 05-05-2007, 06:19 PM

lol i has aces! i call!

just raise preflop!
Old 05-05-2007, 07:56 PM

Is this really a situation where I can value bet? CO's action is a bit odd when he caps after calling the initial flop raise. Either he has a monster, which is unlikely when he goes into calldown mode on the turn, or he was pumping a draw. If he missed his draw he is not likely to be calling a bet is he? CO limped pre-flop. He then raised my bet on the flop and before calling my 3 bet and the cap. If he doesn't have a nine, what has he got? Is he likely to have limped 1010 or above (not that I can really talk on that particular subject!) Would I not have to have some kind of read that he was a calling station who would chase just about anything to showdown before I try to value bet this? If I bet, should I not fold if raised?
Old 05-05-2007, 08:13 PM

Check, fold for 2 and call one. I'm not even so sure about the turn bet given that I doubt it ever checks through. Bet/calling that river is horrid.
Old 05-05-2007, 10:23 PM

your up against a PP and a draw. b/c.
Old 05-05-2007, 11:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I rarely limp AA pre-flop, but there hadn't been a lot of cold calling so far and many raises were just picking up the blinds. I know I shouldn't do it and I promise it won't happen again any time soon.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is exactly why. Instead of, at worst, winning 1.5 SB from the blinds, you've set yourself up to lose no less than 7 SB. Nice work.
Old 05-06-2007, 10:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
there hadn't been a lot of cold calling so far and many raises were just picking up the blinds

[/ QUOTE ]
<font color="green">start raising lighter in UTG then</font>

limping AA in EP should be saved for games like a Crypto 2/4 game (where you play the same people every day)
or if you have a complete maniac (who is raising 50% of his hands) sitting within a few seats to your left
Or, maybe if you've been completely card dead for your past 40 hands or so

as for the hand ... river isn't looking good ... but I would still bet it and call back one