Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-06-2007, 09:44 PM

Default Re: Tips for traveling to New Orleans?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The West Bank had very little damage as well.

[/ QUOTE ]
Eh...I wouldn't really say that. I have family in Gretna that got hit pretty hard.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK let me rephrase, the West Bank did not flood and in most cases withstood the storm much better.
Old 05-06-2007, 10:16 PM

Eat at Bayona. Cuvee is also a pretty good restaurant. Jackson Square is pretty cool. There are a bunch of outdoor artists that display their work there. There is an old Absinthe bar there called something like Pirate's Cove. Its a very laid back bar. Small. I enjoyed it. It is in one of the alleys by the church there. Another bar called something like Erin Rose. It had a second name that everyone called it. McMurphy's maybe? Nice bar, be more crowded there. My favorite strip club is Flynt's Barely Legal, but people disagree with me on that. Taking the barge across to Algiers is kinda cool too. Nice bars over there, but not much else to do. Going on a swamp tour can be fun. Eat red beans and rice when you're down there.
Old 05-06-2007, 10:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Drinks are definitely free at Harrah's, and I'm not 100% sure, but I think parking is also free.

[/ QUOTE ]

Parking is free, just have your ticket validated in the poker room.

Also, try to spend some time in the French Quarter during the day. There's almost always some kind of festival going on. Some people with more eclectic taste like Frenchman St. in the Marigny. There are tons of great restaurants in the Quarter, and I'm sure the locals in the poker room would be more than happy to point you in the right direction.

If you like the college bar atmosphere, I'd recommend F&M's on Tchoupitoulas St. in the Uptown area.