Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2007, 07:17 PM

Default IS IT POSIBLE?

Is it posible to win 6$ in an hour if your vary lucky at a game of 5c/10c hold'em . Now I know in the long run luck isn't helping that much but if your a winning player could you get lucky enough to get 6$ in a sesion?
Old 05-06-2007, 07:18 PM

Default Re: IS IT POSIBLE?

you vary much answered your own question here.
Old 05-06-2007, 07:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is it posible to win 6$ in an hour if your vary lucky at a game of 5c/10c hold'em . Now I know in the long run luck isn't helping that much but if your a winning player could you get lucky enough to get 6$ in a sesion?

[/ QUOTE ]

i like to poke potato bugs ... do you find them as creepy as I do?
Old 05-06-2007, 07:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i like to poke potato bugs ... do you find them as creepy as I do?

[/ QUOTE ]

One time I woke from a dream where I had replaced the phrase "steam roller" with "potato bug" in that scene from 'Strange Brew' and thought I had rolled over the woman I was sleeping with.
Old 05-06-2007, 08:27 PM

woah Rema. Easy Tiger. Slow down....ok, Welcome to the forum. Its great that you are keen to learn but you need to slow down a tad. What I recommend is trying to absorb the info you got in the other threads, play some poker, learn, play, study etc etc. The rules of the game are easy to learn but actually being good takes alot of work.

as far as what limits to play, i think a new player should play at the lowest limit possible to limit initial losses. If you feel playing 2c/4c would cause you to play bad then play at the lowest limit where you feel youll actually care. Also note that the 300BB guideline doesnt really help if you arent a winning player....a loser will eventually go broke no matter how big their BR is.

as far as your question goes...it is possible to run good to the tune of $6 and it is possible to run bad to the same or worse. the other day I was at a table with 3 total maniacs who bet and raised every hand. in some hands the ENTIRE table limped and called raises. I lost about 30BB in <100 hands because I didnt make my draws etc. I could have easily won that if variance was on my side. Im not the least bit bitter about leaving that table with less money than I started because I understand that it was a great table and what goes around comes around

Also, this partifular 2+2 forum prides itself on a high quality of threads. Starting a thread like this one really isnt that useful hence the humerous but less than helpful comments from the two forum regulars above ..... so what Im saying is that I understand you mean well and want to learn but I also want to help you out by guiding you as to the way the forum works. Im willing to cut you some slack right now since you seem genuine and keen. Now, Let me direct you to the No Content (NC) thread if you wish to rant and rave....trust me, thats where all the low content material should go. Wookie and I will often lock threads that arent going anywhere so you should know, in advance, that this thread is a candidate of such locking so dont be surprised if it gets locked (ie you wont be able to post in it anymore). mkay?

btw you did well to catch wookie on a good day but you caught me on a bad day. such is life

ozi
Old 05-06-2007, 08:39 PM

tl; dr
Old 05-06-2007, 08:59 PM

'tl;dc'

fyp

too literate; don't comprehend
Old 05-06-2007, 10:50 PM

gp; ta!

(good post, too abstract!)
Old 05-07-2007, 02:49 AM

It's posible only if you don't get caught blufing.
Old 05-07-2007, 05:41 AM

It's pretty standard if you're used to 60-tabling. Just one BB per hour at each table. You don't even have to run good...
Closed Thread