Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-03-2007, 05:15 AM

Default I Completely Suck At Blinds Battles...

When a villian limps the SB and then donks out a lot, do you usually fight with hands like this (bottom pair/crap kicker), or do you just fold because the pot is small. I hate getting run over in blinds battles, but it seems to happen a lot. This particular villian likes to donk out with air, and I've seen him run multi-street bluffs with air. I'm not really wild about raising him on the flop, but I'm sick of getting run over. The turn probably was dumb, because he'll also raise paired boards with air, because he's a bluffy mofo. At that point, though, I don't want to continue. Ugh. I guess the best bet is just to fold the flop...

PokerStars 10/20 Hold'em (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (2 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls.

Turn: (3 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 6 BB
Old 05-03-2007, 12:55 PM

Default Re: I Completely Suck At Blinds Battles...

You played the hand fine. If someone is constantly donking with air, you cant fold bottom pair on the flop. You'll be folding the best hand too often.
Old 05-03-2007, 01:30 PM

You can profit with this read. Let him bluff at you when you have a decent holding. Maybe this isn't the right situation, but don't be afraid to just call some of these down. When you catch better you can punish him on the turn or river.

Remember the old adage, the best way to beat a bully is by calling.
Old 05-04-2007, 04:04 AM

Location: Who wrote \'help I\'m a bug\' on my letter to grandma?

I think calling and raising the turn is better. Get him to fold more 6 out hands. Especially with such an awesome turn as that :-)
Old 05-06-2007, 03:41 PM

Given your read I think the flop is excellent play. He is never going to stop donking if you donīt play it like this.
I donīt like the turn however but you already pointed out that it wasnīt a great idea.
I risk giving him a freecard in this spot since he will likely bluff the river.And when the board pairs on turn we only have 2 outs if we are behind which makes it hard for us to call a potential bluffcheckraise.
Old 05-06-2007, 03:52 PM

If he is bluffing the turn he is makign a big mistake because the pot is too small to be worth it.

You played this hand fine, this is not indicating you being run over.