Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-05-2007, 04:53 PM

Default tt hand

sb is 42/22/1.3 45wtsd
bb is 27/18/1.1 48wtsd both aftr like 200 hands.

PokerStars 30/60 Hold'em (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP folds, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, BB calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (8.50 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, Hero calls.

River: (11.50 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 13.50 BB

if bb folds river do i call?

how were flop and turn?
Old 05-05-2007, 05:44 PM

Default Re: tt hand

From SBs 3 bet i'd assume he has a stronger diamond draw perhaps even made no-nut flush but rarely (KdJd, Kd9d, Jd9d, 9d6d comes to mind). Then again if on draw why contiune semibluffing the turn on a paired board?
Small posibility of AdQc but 42/22 would prolly 3 bet almost any decent Ace.

Turn call is ok but its kinda unknown since you speculate wheter your diamond is hi enough but you were closing the action so no worries about it.

1. BB folds
I call the river 100% of the time but then again im a SD monkey. I also call if diamond hits and bet if checked to me. This time BB did you a favour for calling SB
2. BB calls
Fold.
Old 05-05-2007, 06:07 PM

good hand to post, i hate spots like this, especialyl in the heat of battle. river fold is good as played.

these spots are very thin-i think no matter how u play decide to play it out- unless u go apeshit with raises(bad), your not gonna forfeit too much EV either way.

what do u make of sb's cold call preflop in relation to his flop play? this line from a LAGish opponent makes me think he flopped a flush a lot of the time, but he can defenitely play the Ad like this. BB has a Q here a lot and also ad7x type hand. man its gross and close, and while i think these two factors combined may make it almost a fold on the flop..i cant fault anyone for calling down flop/turn.

personally, i just dont think your good enough times 3 ways w/ this action when you hit your diamond, and even sometimes when u hit your 10. spiking a set may just cause u to lose a lot more.

did u even consider folding flop?

in regards to ur theoretical river question - i defenitely call for 1 more if BB folds.
Old 05-06-2007, 04:23 AM

Location: Who wrote \'help I\'m a bug\' on my letter to grandma?

Good hand. If BB folds the river you MUST call.
Old 05-06-2007, 11:04 AM

Looks well played to me. The flop looks like some pretty wild action, and I'd have to think you are up against a pretty big hand and pretty big draw. Not the best spot for a decent hand and decent draw of your own. While it is possible that you fold a winner a small percentage of the time, I do not think an overcall would be profitable... Basically you'd have to be up against a diamond draw that kept firing carelesslesly and perhaps and another hand like 87s that got discounted and kept crying or a hand like Ad8x.

However if it is heads up on the end for 12.5 to 1... i'd have to call.
Old 05-06-2007, 03:18 PM

Interesting hand, I think I find a call on the river.

SB played his hand weird and you can't really trust him because of his lagishness and the super drawy board.

BB hasn't shown too much strength and its possible he has weak showdownable hand + big draw that didn't get there.

Fold is not bad though.
Old 05-06-2007, 03:26 PM

e.g.

bb has Ad9x
sb has Tx9d?

ok i think i just convinced myself the fold is good.