Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-05-2007, 02:09 AM

Default Re: FLORIDA ALLOWING POKER GAME STAKES TO BE RAISED IN JULY!

[ QUOTE ]
I think that would be great to have a 2.50/5 game. I think a 1-5 game would be even better as no one I was seated with seemed to understand the concept of the spread structure.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm in favor of any structure that has an increase in betting for the turn and river. If they want to break out some pink chips for 2.5/5, that's fine by me. I just laugh at the thought of these donks trying to play 1/2NL.
Old 05-05-2007, 02:53 AM

im gonna be taking alot of social security money off those no limit tables.
Old 05-05-2007, 08:52 AM

I know you can't price your opponents out of hands this way, but of all the (limit) options thtat appear to be available I'd prefer the max, 5/5 straight limit. Even though it is more luck-driven (really, starting hand-driven), the games that will be the easiest to beat will be the ones that have the highest pots. Bigger pots are the only way to get past the $5+1 rake.
Old 05-05-2007, 04:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think that would be great to have a 2.50/5 game. I think a 1-5 game would be even better as no one I was seated with seemed to understand the concept of the spread structure.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm in favor of any structure that has an increase in betting for the turn and river. If they want to break out some pink chips for 2.5/5, that's fine by me. I just laugh at the thought of these donks trying to play 1/2NL.

[/ QUOTE ]

HIT the nail on the head Russ, here is another response from PBKC:

I am impressed at your knowledge for the game. I would also like to thank you for the wonderful compliments you have given to the cardroom.

We do strive, and will continue to strive, to be the best cardroom in the state.

A quick question for you in regards to structure. Have you ever played limit hold'em at the Tropicana in Atlantic City? They spread a game using pick ($2.50) chips. It is a $7.50 and $15 game. How would you feel about a $2.50 and $5.00 game with $1 and $2.50 blinds? The game at the Trop
has some great action.

Please let me know your opinion on something like this.

Noah
Old 05-05-2007, 04:54 PM

Nice to see some powers that be in the p-m's are actively seeking advice from players and not just blindly making games up. Do you think the p-m's are getting together about what kinds of stakes will be offered?
Old 05-05-2007, 08:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
(my home insurance is nearly $4000, for all of you living elsewhere and paying 10% of that).

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, yes (and your 10% estimate is ludicrous, as you probably know), but please do remember that the rest of us are tiring of subsidizing Florida and North/South Carolina and other high risk states' insurance via our federal taxes. Our resources are not unlimited, and in my humble opinion, it's about time for the owners to share in paying the true cost of their purchases.

I vacationed in NC four consecutive summers in the early 2000's. I was quite surprised to learn that in this area, despite 3 incredibly destructive hurricanes/major weather events in the prior decade, every condo owner in the area was ahead net in the past 10 years. That was me (and hundreds of millions like me) who paid the bills. Uncle Sam doesn't guarantee my investments against loss - but I'm just a stock buyer, not an owner of investment property in a high risk zone.

Can't those of us who subsidized your investment at least receive a "thank you"? Honestly, after all our help, the ingratitude stings.

One annoying aspect of welfare is that the recipients never seem to appreciate the help they've been given. You should be stepping back and appreciating the gravy train that you were on, not complaining that it's coming to an end.

Think about it.
Old 05-05-2007, 09:58 PM

huh???
Old 05-05-2007, 10:58 PM

OK - now back to poker...........

Good call Russ!! I think the $2.50 / $5.00 will work well. Hopefully, all the P-M will get their acts together on this.

Anyway the $100 NL cash games should pretty much be standard across the board.
Old 05-05-2007, 11:02 PM

You aren't subsidizing our insurance as much as you are our lack of state income tax.

But thanks a bunch anyway.
Old 05-05-2007, 11:04 PM

Anyway ... IMO this thread should be about a great step in the right direction. This is a really good thing for us here in FL.