Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-24-2006, 09:42 AM

Default Re: why shorthanded won\'t prevail online

[ QUOTE ]
I normally play 2/4 full games at Party, but during the day I 6-table 1/2. Ever since the problems with the software, I've even been playing 0.50/1 6 max.

I don't know if it's to do with the new software, but these tables constantly break up. If two people sit out, that table is history.

Today I wasn't playing poker, I was constantly searching for new tables. I think I sat down at 15 tables in 15 minutes.

I don't know how it is at 3/6 or 5/10, but the lower levels 6 max tables at Party have serious problems in sustaining games.

I'm glad - multi-tabling full games is a lot easier.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well if it's 2, 3, 4, 5 or 6 handed, I just stay and they fill up again soon (hmmm, wonder why). [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Mack
Old 02-24-2006, 11:40 AM

Yeah who cares if they break. If you playing 4 tables or less it's great. When you start playing more than that I do agree it's a big pain.
Old 02-24-2006, 11:52 AM

i havent read the rest of the thread, but im just going to assume that a bunch of mockery follows this post. Good Job guys.

peace

john nickle
Old 02-24-2006, 12:09 PM

If you just sit there even after everyone leaves someone will come sit with you and the game will be full in less than 2 to 3 minutes. I guarantee. This is not a problem at all. Much more annoying is when a 10 handed table breaks up like happens all the time on Pacific Poker. God that site is lame.
Old 02-24-2006, 12:34 PM

6-handed is the game of the future, biatch.

Because of the high variance, noone knows if they're winning players anyways (even the winners). Fish might be huge winners in the short-term and think of themselves in the future as "winners on a bad streak". I think even if fish/gambloooors lose money faster at six-max, the winning streaks are much larger at 6-max and way more addictive than at 10-max. It's got action for the LAGs and variance-related selective misperception for the fishies. And they are the softest games on the net for advanced players.

Everyone wins (except the people that lose).