Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-04-2007, 09:19 PM

Default Re: 5/2 Mavs @ Warriors

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I don't think PTS will be seen around these parts for quite some time.

[/ QUOTE ]

yea it's probably not a good idea to put your roll on 68 post guys from Sydney, Australia

[/ QUOTE ]

lol the PTS post was so absurd nobody that knows anything about basketball and watched the series could possibly spew the garbage that he did

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey guys, nice selection, congratulations on your win. You may not have learned this yet primarily because of the following reasons I suspect:

(a) you are probably Yanks
(b) you are probably in college

but, there is a good and gracious way to act as both a winner and as a loser.

It generally involves some form of humility on the part of the winner, so as not to further degrade the loser. This is something accepted in all sports around the world by all good human beings who were raised with any sense of fair play or morals.

It does not involve flaming post match when you win. That is a disgusting habit you may want to try and break now, before such thought patterns eat away at your soul and you continue down the path of life you have been taught from such a young age................I can only blame your parents, but maybe it is other influences that have led you to be who you are as a person. Have a close look at yourself and ask yourself if that's how to act when you win.

Thanks for helping me learn a little. While a big winner during the regular season for many years, I have often struggled in the post season. Your insights, plus speaking to many friends who agreed with your GS selection, are showing me that I need to re-consider some of my thought processes and strategies when it comes to post season NBA wagering, Thank you very much for this.

I can only hope you too have learned something too, something far more important.

Peace Out

PTS
Old 05-04-2007, 10:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I don't think PTS will be seen around these parts for quite some time.

[/ QUOTE ]

yea it's probably not a good idea to put your roll on 68 post guys from Sydney, Australia

[/ QUOTE ]

lol the PTS post was so absurd nobody that knows anything about basketball and watched the series could possibly spew the garbage that he did

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey guys, nice selection, congratulations on your win. You may not have learned this yet primarily because of the following reasons I suspect:

(a) you are probably Yanks
(b) you are probably in college

but, there is a good and gracious way to act as both a winner and as a loser.

It generally involves some form of humility on the part of the winner, so as not to further degrade the loser. This is something accepted in all sports around the world by all good human beings who were raised with any sense of fair play or morals.

It does not involve flaming post match when you win. That is a disgusting habit you may want to try and break now, before such thought patterns eat away at your soul and you continue down the path of life you have been taught from such a young age................I can only blame your parents, but maybe it is other influences that have led you to be who you are as a person. Have a close look at yourself and ask yourself if that's how to act when you win.

Thanks for helping me learn a little. While a big winner during the regular season for many years, I have often struggled in the post season. Your insights, plus speaking to many friends who agreed with your GS selection, are showing me that I need to re-consider some of my thought processes and strategies when it comes to post season NBA wagering, Thank you very much for this.

I can only hope you too have learned something too, something far more important.

Peace Out

PTS

[/ QUOTE ]

you are probably Yanks

Would have been a very nice post without this part.
Old 05-04-2007, 10:55 PM

I am not a Yank.
I am not in college.
I did not gloat.

Now go yank a goat.
Old 05-04-2007, 11:22 PM

pts,

I for one definitely was not hating at all on your opinion of the game, just on your reasoning.
Old 05-05-2007, 03:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
pts,

I for one definitely was not hating at all on your opinion of the game, just on your reasoning.

[/ QUOTE ]

No worries Art. It was this statement from you that I thought was unecessary:

"yea it's probably not a good idea to put your roll on 68 post guys from Sydney, Australia"

You cannot judge someone based on where they live or how many posts they have. It just doesn't make any sense. I have no problem with people disagreeing with my reasoning prior to the game, that's what it's all about.

Peace

PTS
Old 05-05-2007, 03:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
you are probably Yanks

Would have been a very nice post without this part.

[/ QUOTE ]

My apologies. This was a very stupid thing to say. I was just upset and responding to some of the more personal criticisms levelled my way. I shouldn't have said this and would like to retract it.

Peace

PTS
Old 05-05-2007, 03:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I am not a Yank.
I am not in college.
I did not gloat.

Now go yank a goat.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is pretty clear to me that no matter how good of an NBA punter you are, you are in desperate need of some in some ABC life lessons.

I sincerely hope that somehow, you find some humility and common decency. You will find both of these traits more valuable than any winning wager could ever be. My best wishes to you.

Peace

PTS
Old 05-05-2007, 04:11 AM

yea, that was just a joke and I apologize, there are a ton of morons with 10k posts and I definitely don't know anything about Australia =P