Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-03-2007, 02:22 PM

Default flopped straight against a possible flush on turn

This happens like 1 orbit after my last post against the same villain.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

CO ($4.85)
Button ($7.45)
SB ($7.25)
Hero ($8)
UTG ($8.15)
MP ($9.05)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls $0.10, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls $0.10, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0.40) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $0.3</font>, UTG calls $0.30, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to $0.8</font>, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $2</font>, UTG folds, CO calls $1.20.

Turn: ($4.70) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero ???

How is the flop? I wanted to play this fast and not let anyone draw out on me to a higher straight or flush. And if they have 58 then good for them.
What do I do on the turn? Bet and rep a flush? or c/c c/f? c/f feels a little weak, but with stack sizes c/c feels the same as pushing with 2 streets to go.

I feel that a bigger 3bet on the flop makes this a little easier say $3 instead of $2. But as played I am pretty much lost here, I just know I am not happy to see the 3rd club at all.
Old 05-04-2007, 12:19 AM

Default Re: flopped straight against a possible flush on turn

[ QUOTE ]
I feel that a bigger 3bet on the flop makes this a little easier say $3 instead of $2. But as played I am pretty much lost here, I just know I am not happy to see the 3rd club at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you could even put your opponent in here. He only has $3.95 behind after his flop raise and there'd be $2.10 in the pot after your call. It's clearly an overbet, but I don't think you'll extract much value on a wide range of turn cards.
Old 05-04-2007, 12:25 AM

He is rarely raising you with a flush draw, shoooove
Old 05-04-2007, 02:55 AM

raise a little more on the flop
push the turn, its too late now
Old 05-04-2007, 05:59 PM

Ok thanks for the comments. I thought about pushing on the flop but did not want to run him off with such an overbet.

Anyway, I pushed he instacalled and turned up 97c and I am drawing dead. I was a little surprised about an instacall with such a low flush, but I guess most people don't 3bet flop with FD.