Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > BBV4Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-04-2007, 02:22 PM

Default Re: Who are your favorite fighters? and anything else about MMA

Karo Parisyan is awesome, quite honestly my favorite fighter to watch in UFC. Plus, he's Armo.
Old 05-04-2007, 03:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Karo Parisyan is awesome, quite honestly my favorite fighter to watch in UFC. Plus, he's Armo.

[/ QUOTE ]

His throws are sick and he's got sick subs but his stand-up is pretty mediocre, all I've really seen him throw is that wild overhand right. He matches up against Burkman pretty well though, I'll give him 3-1 odds to win and I might be putting money on him if I see any lines that are way off.
Old 05-04-2007, 04:01 PM

I really like the chute crew. Rua and Silva are my favorite fighters. They are relentless (even though silva did get his ass handed to him by crocop).

I really like the way they employ knees into their gameplan. here is a cool fight with silva and quentin jackson. the ending is awesome.

http://www.dailymotion.com/relevance/sea...quinton-jackson

here is a fight between rampage and rua. once again, i [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] the knees. http://www.dailymotion.com/relevance/sea...quinton-jackson
Old 05-04-2007, 04:27 PM

As I predicted (I said Chuck was going to be at least -200) the Liddell-Jackson money line is way off, as most Americans aren't familiar with Rampage and don't have a good awareness of how the Pride fighters match up against UFC fighters. The true line is probably more around -150 Chuck/ +120 Rampage. The money line for Karo is more or less accurate at -300/+220 and I don't think there's much value in betting Karo unless the line moves to -250 or more.

http://www.betus.com/ufc-betting/odds-lines
Chuck Liddell-260
Quinton Jackson200

Josh Burkman220
Karo Parisyan-300
Old 05-04-2007, 04:42 PM

I'm surprised no onementioned Rua SHogun. He's a beast and going to DOMINATE middle-heavyweight. I'm guessing Wanderlei is soon to retire and Shogun to take his place.
Old 05-04-2007, 05:33 PM

the majority of guys on tuf suck. the only person on there who is even legit is lauzon and hes getting the least camera time out of anyone there.
Old 05-04-2007, 05:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the majority of guys on tuf suck. the only person on there who is even legit is lauzon and hes getting the least camera time out of anyone there.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that most of them suck, but I would include Emerson as legit too. Even though he lost his first fight and got back on as a replacement, I really think he will end up winning the whole thing and has a good future in the UFC. In fact, depending on the odds given, I would put money on him winning. Is there any website that takes bets on that show?
Old 05-04-2007, 05:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Gabe reflecting on the experience
"Even people who saw the first Ultimate Fighter with Bobby Southworth on there, until you’ve actually done it and done a lot of weight, you really have no concept of what it consists of. Imagine being in the desert and being as dehydrated as possible, but there’s water to drink right there in front of you. At any moment you can stop it, but you can’t. It’s a daunting task, and I think the biggest thing I came away from the show with is ensuring that my weight is on, no matter what."

[/ QUOTE ]

The most I've ever had to cut was 10 pounds, but for him to complain and bitch about this is just wrong. He had so long to cut the weight, but from the beginning of the show to the time was picked for the fight, he hadn't lost very much weight. Then there's that whole cake eating thing. Geez, what a moron. He threw away this opportunity. It's such a shame.
Old 05-04-2007, 06:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
His throws are sick and he's got sick subs but his stand-up is pretty mediocre, all I've really seen him throw is that wild overhand right. He matches up against Burkman pretty well though, I'll give him 3-1 odds to win and I might be putting money on him if I see any lines that are way off.

[/ QUOTE ]
His standup isn't anything special, but it has gotten passable as he's become more seasoned. He's no longer the wild overhand right brawler we saw in his earlier fights. He doesn't need to be dominant on his feet anyhow since his GnP and submission work is excellent, not to mention his takedown ability. I'm not saying he's the best fighter, he's just the most entertaining to me. I love the judo throws, and I love the crazy right hand bombs he throws when he's got someone on the ground.
Old 05-05-2007, 03:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I really like the chute crew. Rua and Silva are my favorite fighters. They are relentless (even though silva did get his ass handed to him by crocop).

I really like the way they employ knees into their gameplan. here is a cool fight with silva and quentin jackson. the ending is awesome.

http://www.dailymotion.com/relevance/sea...quinton-jackson

here is a fight between rampage and rua. once again, i [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] the knees. http://www.dailymotion.com/relevance/sea...quinton-jackson

[/ QUOTE ]

shogun is a sick fighter but anderson silva is even better, i should've mentioned him earlier because he will dominate the middleweight division for a long time
his striking is incredibly precise and his jujitsu is insane, he is no longer with chute box but he is said to have been the most technical standup fighter there when he was training with the likes of wanderlei and the rua brothers