Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-04-2007, 01:08 AM

Default RESULTS

I bet the flop, he raised, I called.

Turn: 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

I bet, he hated it and called.

River: J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

I bet, he tanked, moved to muck, hated that, moved to call, stopped, paused again, called and hated himself when I showed and he mucked.

I think a flop c/r allows my opponent to play optimally, folding AK on the river or three betting big diamonds, taking the free card and folding on the river. Nothing has convinced me that my line was not good for this situation.
Old 05-04-2007, 01:21 AM

Default Re: RESULTS

[ QUOTE ]
I bet the flop, he raised, I called.

Turn: 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

I bet, he hated it and called.

River: J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

I bet, he tanked, moved to muck, hated that, moved to call, stopped, paused again, called and hated himself when I showed and he mucked.

I think a flop c/r allows my opponent to play optimally, folding AK on the river or three betting big diamonds, taking the free card and folding on the river. Nothing has convinced me that my line was not good for this situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously since moving to California you have been brainwashed by the left coast circle jerk.
Old 05-04-2007, 04:49 AM

Default Re: Something DeathDonkey and I dont agree on...

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
-- Skinny guy that plays tight that Mike L called a fish after that KK vs KJ supersuckout

[/ QUOTE ]

trip report please

[/ QUOTE ]

Eh, it isn't all that interesting. I was getting killed at the 40 with a table full of fish. Next thing I know it is short handed with John, HOWMANY, Mike L and the one superfish we were all attacking...

Mike L folded, I raised with KJ, John 3 bet from the BB, I called.
KJJ flop, he bet I called
4 turn, he bet, I raised, he raised, I thought about it and raised, he raised, I called.
J river, he rolled his eyes and checked, I bet and he said "nice 1 outer" as he called. I showed my cards, he showed KK. He said that was the worst beat of his life, I agreed it was rough.

Mike L decided he should be involved in the conversation and gave me some advice. He told me the next time I want to complain about fish I should go home and look in the mirror. He must have played with me when I was having a really bad day outside of poker because it is very, very rare I would ever criticize someone's bad play (at least while that someone is around) so I'm not sure where the comment came from.

He also noticed I almost didn't 4 bet the turn and thought I maybe shouldn't have. I still think it was the right move, but it was kind of close.

Anyway, cold deck turned into a nice pot for me.
Old 05-04-2007, 05:50 AM

Was this the day that the annoying as [censored] guy that made every hand last 10 hours was playing?
Old 05-04-2007, 08:31 AM

"Mike L decided he should be involved in the conversation and gave me some advice. He told me the next time I want to complain about fish I should go home and look in the mirror. He must have played with me when I was having a really bad day outside of poker because it is very, very rare I would ever criticize someone's bad play (at least while that someone is around) so I'm not sure where the comment came from."

i was just joking around with you. sorry if you took me seriously. i know you dont complain, at least not any time ive seen you.

for the record drawing donkey is a tight tough player, no fish at all.
Old 05-04-2007, 11:25 AM

That table is a nightmare.

Sick hand though, I was just talking with a friend that I was in the mood for a one-outer, it's been a few months since I've delivered (only weeks since I've received.)
Old 05-04-2007, 03:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"Mike L decided he should be involved in the conversation and gave me some advice. He told me the next time I want to complain about fish I should go home and look in the mirror. He must have played with me when I was having a really bad day outside of poker because it is very, very rare I would ever criticize someone's bad play (at least while that someone is around) so I'm not sure where the comment came from."

i was just joking around with you. sorry if you took me seriously. i know you dont complain, at least not any time ive seen you.

for the record drawing donkey is a tight tough player, no fish at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know you were kidding, I was writing more for dramatic effect since I didn't really think the incident was overly interesting.

HOWMANY: yeah it was that night. I've played with that guy many times and he is always super slow and super confused. He also loses a lot, so I don't mind too much. What I hate is when people start yelling at him. One night someone berated him to the point that he left. I was very pissed.