Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Monster tables at your limits?
Looser 21 39.62%
Tighter 3 5.66%
No significant/noticeable difference 29 54.72%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-04-2007, 08:27 AM

Default Re: Which retailer has the best return policy?

Walmart def ftw. I have also returned stuff to warlmart that i didn't even buy there!
Old 05-04-2007, 08:37 AM

Walmart is without a doubt the place to go. I worked there for 2 years in high school. They dont charge a restocking fee and they wont give you crap for returning the TV as long as you don't lose your receipt. Even if you do, just fight long enough and they will give you your way
Old 05-04-2007, 09:32 AM

I flipped out at a lady at bestbuy the other day.

My girlfriend's parents got her a nice camera there ($350 range) and I got her a GPS nav system there (same price range) for her birthday. She wasn't sure if she wanted that particular model of either, but we couldn't try them without having to pay a 15% restocking fee, which is a good chunk of money there, about $100 between the 2 items.

So the camera, we went and asked the lady if we could try it out, because it didn't seem to be on display. We told her the situation, and she actually says "Why not just try the one you have and see if you like it?"

I flipped, and said because of her company's ridiculous return policy. I told my girlfriend to just return both items and we would buy them at sam's club.
Old 05-04-2007, 09:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Guys I'm gonna let you in on a little secret. You can return pretty much anything, at any time, to any retail store if you are willing to put up a fight. All major retailers are essentially the same so they think the only way to keep customers is to bend over backwards for them, and one way they do this is by taking returns.

No one in the store is getting paid enough to put up with you if you go in raising hell and demanding to return it. If managers get called in, they always side with the customer eventually if you keep bitching. This is from my experience at Wendy's and Macy's, it might be different for big ticket items but I highly doubt it.

Cliff notes: If you are a big enough pain in the ass, you will always win vs. retail stores. This also makes you one of the biggest douches there is, but if that's cool with you then by all means go for it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I generally agree with you accept I recently purchased something at target and they would not take it back with out the reciept (we did purchase it there) Managers invovled and EVEN called the corp office which they explaiend the policy. We told them we will go to walmart going foward and we also would return the item there for there own stores credit. Which is exactly what we did. (at a higher price too)
Old 05-04-2007, 09:39 AM

So you plan to buy it on Friday night and return it Sunday?

Tell the guy at the store that you aren't sure if it will fit up/down your stairs and ask if you can return it if it doesn't work out.

BTW, this is a douchy thing to do.
Old 05-04-2007, 09:56 AM

It is seriously not worth the hassle of all this, especially for an event like this. It's gonna take hours and hours of your time to pick it up, get it home, clear out a space, hook it up, go back to the store to buy the cables you forgot to buy, watch two minutes of derby, pack it up, bring it back, hassle with store. In the end you'll probably get charged a restocking fee of 10% that will be more than just renting it and having the company deliver and pick up.
Old 05-04-2007, 10:26 AM

FYI Compusa is busto
Old 05-04-2007, 11:06 AM

It's seriously not worth your time - but if you must, Costco or Walmart are your best bet.

Also, wouldn't it be easier to 'buy' a projector rather than a huge TV?

It would be a lot easier to unpack/repack.