Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-04-2007, 08:21 AM

Default Re: Mayweather/de la Hoya

speed beats strength for the most part

fmj was about 10-15 pounds lighter than Gatti and Baldomir on fight night from what I remember, and those were two of his most lopsided victories. Though dlh has more talent in his left hand than those two put together, he still fits the same mold of being slower but stronger than fmj.

fmj's most boring fights are the one's where he judges the other fighter to be close in ability to him. In that case, he's content to go into his defensive shell, and outpoint the other guy with potshots one or two at time ala Judah. Look for him to do the same thing here. This one has all the makings of a overhyped snoozer. fmj 8 rounds to 4.

One thing I'm concerned about though, seems like a lot of the "smart" money is on fmj and/or the fight going the distance. The stars are aligned for a controversial stoppage after a series of dlh patented pittypats in the 10th or the 11th with fmj ahead on the scorecards.

Anyone know if Richard Steele is refing this fight?
Old 05-04-2007, 10:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
speed beats strength for the most part

Anyone know if Richard Steele is refing this fight?

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh help me and my money if Steele is doing this fight. Steele will probably pull another Medgar Evans in the 12th round.
Old 05-04-2007, 03:17 PM

because i love this community I will say that I have chosen to play both Mayweather by decision and Delahoya for the win. Originally I jokingly commented that I wanted to middle Oscar by KO and floyd by decision, but I decided that there is a REAL possibility that delahoya could take a close decision. In all honesty, besides Castillo, I believe this is the biggest test of Mayweathers career even given Oscars inactivity. Originally, I had counted out Oscar a bit because I do believe his true motivation is money and I dont think it's likely that he will come out at peak condition but the truth of the matter is that delahoya is going to press mayweather and make him work harder than we've seen him work before(maybe something like rounds 1-4 of Mayweather vs Judah). Baldomir posed next to 0 threat to mayweather but delahoya is faster and has better skills. Basically I don't believe Mayweather can hurt DLH, but he can't run circles around him like he did with baldomir and that's gonna be a problem because a close decision could easily go Oscars way, i mean this is a golden boy promotion. But in LV, i would say the judges will probably score the fight pretty fairly. Recent thoughts have just made me think these things and as a fan I hope I"m right, because a mayweather clinic would be 12 rounds of dodging and scoring weak shots. IN reality this fight really does have the potential to be a GREAT fight.

Warning: please digest what i said and for ur own opinion. I don't bet seriously anymore, have about 2K in sports betting but focus on finance and poker. As a true gambling addict, i find that the EV I get from sports betting does not cover the gamble it builds in me which screws me in both life and poker. I do however consider handicapping a sport of sorts and want to remain active in it.