Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Laughs or Links!
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-03-2007, 07:34 PM

Default Re: SWORDS AND SANDALS 2

swift sandals sucks imo TBag, you can easily out last their 5 shots. Armor > all in the beginning.
Old 05-03-2007, 07:40 PM

I think when you get to the ninja they have 10. I hate it when I chase him down, then he just jumps to the other side of the screen and shoots me some more.
Old 05-03-2007, 09:00 PM

and out of retirement...
Old 05-03-2007, 09:29 PM

BTW I'm playing a swordie w/ a hit/agi build (3/2 ratio) and he's doing really well. The high eng bows are cheap.
Old 05-03-2007, 10:00 PM

my and my friend are gonna do a higher level last longer for some $$$. You cant pump charisma more than 2 / level, Is it still the best bet? suggestions on a build?
Old 05-03-2007, 10:01 PM

agil sucks, you walk to fast and cant place yourself where you need to be to attack, str increases dmg for swords too right? Swordies seem like they suck, plz explain the theory behind them TBag.
Old 05-03-2007, 11:27 PM

After playin my swordie a bit I'm convinced that they're way better than str builds.

When you attack with a sword, it only takes away 4 stamina on a heavy attack (this applies to ranged weapons too) versus roughly 35 for a light attack and 110~ for a heavy attack with a basher. Also psyche up actually regens my stamina while it drains about 18 per click on maces.
When you reach 25agi+, swords way out damage maces and such. The max dmg on a 33 agi sword is 256 and max on str is 140. When you connect with a heavy attack you hit for your weapon's full damage. But Tbag, Str improves dmg! Yeah, by 2 points per stat. So add 66 to your 140 and you get 204. The only advantage to using a mace is the higher minimum damage which goes along very well with a high level enchantment so you can pound em with light hits and make them lose a couple turns, versus swords where if you try to use a quick hit you're going to be hitting for the bottom range, which is about 10-20 for mid level swords, so quick hits with swords aren't viable options of dealing damage. But you still lose turns on the maces because of the drain on your stamina that you wouldn't lose w/ a sword.

If you abuse the AI's idiotic tendencies and try to time your psyche-up skill well, you can really dominate. Whenever you land a grevious hit, you do 150% of your weapons max damage. So the obvious advantage is clear for the swords here. And especially when your magic gets to whirlwind (which is grevious attack with no warm up), you can [censored] people up really badly.

Also, if you're getting a beating up close you can easily jump away and rock em with a bow. With a 33 agi bow you can expect an average hit of about 70 (bombard).

So if anyone is still reading this (I feel like I'm writing a [censored] research paper), pros and cons...

Swords
Pros: Higher damage, virutally unlimited attacks without resting, can move around the screen at will and resort to your bow in emergencies (or use the bow to weaken if you wanna play safe), grevious blows are retardedly strong.
Cons: Normal hits are high variance. You can hit anywhere in your weapons damage range. Quick hits are super gay. Like really, really bad. If your opponent has a high defense expect to get blocked a lot on your normal attacks.

Maces
Pros: Their quick attacks are pretty decent.
Seriously, this is the only pro I can think of for maces/str weapons. They're gay.
Cons: They suck.

Keep in mind I haven't gotten up to the very highest levels yet so things might turn around. But for where I am now, I think my lvl 24 agi hero can pwn the tourney my lvl 30 str hero is struggling in.
Old 05-04-2007, 12:33 AM

My swordie just beat the lvl 30 boss in 2 hits.
Old 05-04-2007, 12:52 AM

hey tbag, how are you starting off your swordie? i buy your arguments about high level swordies being better, but have trouble getting past the first few levels w/o more strength.
Old 05-04-2007, 02:16 AM

Start - 4str, 2agi, 4atk, 3sta. At lvl 4, get to 8/5/8/4. After you get out of the dungeon, buy the cheapest axe and spend as much as you can on the cheapest armor available. Don't buy the expensive pieces till last. By the time you get to the lvl 4 tourney you should have most of the peasant gear. In the first tournament you're not going to hit very hard but you'll be faster than your opponents. They'll get rid of your armor and you'll be losing, that's when you back away and sleep your HP back then go in and hit em a few times. Just use the jump command till your sta is <50% and use the sleep until full health. Repeat till you make it. After the tourney get to lvl 6 and make sure you have 12 agil. You can bust out the gladius now to make duels easier, or you can wait till you get 15 agi for the broadsword. Personally, I got the gladius and as much armor as I could, then when I hit 7 I had enough for the broadsword and upgraded again. Always go cheapest to most expensive (make sure you have full peasant before upgrading). So boots->greaves->shinguards, etc. By level 7 my stats were 8/15/10/4.

NEVER CHARGE. Ever. It's a terrible waste of energy and you usually don't hit well. If you're within one step of the enemy, use sleep if it's available or use taunt (this doesn't apply if they have a ranged weapon out, in that case you have to crowd them). Make them come to you so it guarantees you first strike. Play smart in the tournies, if you only have 10 energy left, don't use a normal strike use a quick strike so you don't force a sleep.

Be 21agi by lvl 9. Then buy your sword and a good range weapon and spend the rest on armor. From there on just keep bustin your way through. Make good use of your psyche up ability, never give your opponents first hit.