Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-03-2007, 05:35 PM

Default Re: 50 NL: Test Your Handreading Skills

[ QUOTE ]
i think as a group people have covered all the likely posibilities - what did he hold? - so we can go backward and make sense of his plays

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. I think results are interesting here.
Old 05-03-2007, 05:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i think as a group people have covered all the likely posibilities - what did he hold? - so we can go backward and make sense of his plays

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. I think results are interesting here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Results don't matter, only decisions do - and hero folded (I think correctly, like I said earlier, it seems borderline depending on villain's bluffing frequencies)
Old 05-03-2007, 07:27 PM

Grunching

[ QUOTE ]
What is his range preflop when he cold calls a reraise?

[/ QUOTE ]

22-JJ/QQ. AQ-AJ (AT?) KQs, KJs. others i dont know.

[ QUOTE ]
What does his flop donk mean?

[/ QUOTE ]

Reduce range to all club draws. 77, JJ, AJ. when seen in line with his turn play, it looks like he doesn't mind a) check calling [slowplay?] and if has club draw, is willing to play with a top pair on board [mildly retarded imo]. both considerations are possible.

[ QUOTE ]
What do you put him on when he shoves the river?

[/ QUOTE ]

sometimes a flush. most likely usually a boat which is looking for value from a non-boat trips. I believe it's a comfortable fold knowing clubs may do this.
Old 05-03-2007, 08:38 PM

Now I think there should be an honest poll given here on how many people ACTUALLY HONESTLY would have folded this on the spot. I think one of my leaks is I dont think things out till the hand has passed, and will admit I probably would have called then looked back at it in PT and castrated myself again
Old 05-03-2007, 09:28 PM

I haven't read many of the other comments yet (so maybe everyone has already agreed/disagreed with me), but I think KK is very, very likely. At first I thought he had JJ, but villain is supposed to be both bad and aggressive. Aggressive idiots don't flat-call a 3bet preflop with JJ (or with AJ+ - thoughts?) - I think he'd sometimes fold and probably shove. If villain were bad and passive then I think he would flat-call w JJ, and maybe make a smallish 4bet w KK. The goofy donk bet on the flop would then be entirely consistent with JJ, but I think a passive player would NEVER c/c the turn and shove the river. I think a large lead or a c/r shove on the turn would be more likely. If he pots the turn and is passive, I think he's got JJ like always.

But an aggressive idiot could definitely flat-call a 4bet w KK. When he donk bets the flop he's saying "eff! an ace! why didn't I shove preflop!". I think he calls your turn bet partially because he thinks KK looks cool, and partially because you didn't raise on the flop (which is interesting - I'm pretty new to poker, and I probably would have auto-raised the flop. But I guess that's not a very thoughtful play).

The river shove is basically Zeebo's theorem in action. He should be very worried about you having a higher boat, but I'm sure he's not.
Old 05-03-2007, 09:31 PM

Okay, newb strategy follow-up question: what lines would hero take with AK/AJ instead of AQ (obviously call the river - I'm wondering about flop and turn play).

Finally, in the heat of battle I would have called his shove after tanking all the way, and beat myself up about it afterwards [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 05-03-2007, 11:21 PM

Chum, he flat called a 3bet. Even though he's aggressive, not many people at 50 NL will 4bet JJ almost 180 big blinds deep.

Also, I think with AK I would take the same line. I don't want to build a huge pot with AK or AQ because I don't think he's going to play a huge pot with Ax. The guy isn't a great player, but he's not retarded, and he's not going to stack off for 2 buyins with A9, I don't think.
Old 05-03-2007, 11:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] like every single time. BASTARD!

[/ QUOTE ]

I like J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] too, but I'm pretty sure he'd put in a raise on one of the earlier streets with that strong of draw.
Old 05-03-2007, 11:57 PM

Given his range, what is your plan on a non-club, non-queen river?
Old 05-04-2007, 02:55 AM

with JJ its an easy call, but obviously less so if you have the J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. also a flop raise with JJ is good.

i fold AQ here easily though