Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-03-2007, 10:33 PM

Default Re: The Gobbomom Conspiracy Thread

[ QUOTE ]
Oswald was a lone shooter.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought this was a really good show, hosted by Peter Jennings, about the assassination and the conspiracies surrounding it.

ABC News Presents: The Kennedy Assassination - Beyond Conspiracy
Old 05-04-2007, 03:06 AM

Al,

"Now - if Diablo truly believes that after flaming someone, that poster can be rational and have a normal, interesting conversation (and said poster is clearly still upset based on very recent posts)... well then he is just retarded."

I have had many discussions on 2+2 where the discussion had some flaming (sometimes from me, sometimes directed at me) and after some flaming back and forth progressed to civil discussion in the same thread. Off the top of my head, PITTM, CardSharpCook, bruiser, strassa, daryn, and evan are a few folks who this has happened with. Perhaps gobbomom is correct that you take anonymous Internet forum dialogue a little too seriously?

I mean, I dunno dude. I have 30k posts here and I have never been shy about stating who I think is an idiot and if I want to rip on someone, I have no problem being very up front about that. I find it sorta bizarre that you think I would need to create and defend some elaborate construct to allow me to rip on gobbomom or anyone else.

Hell, you just called me retarded, but I like you just fine. Maybe I really AM retarded? Or maybe just don't take words written by people I've never met all that seriously.
Old 05-04-2007, 03:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Perhaps gobbomom is correct that you take anonymous Internet forum dialogue a little too seriously?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not really. I think I made myself clear in my above posts (and I believe gobbomom made that comment based on the fact that I called her "batshit crazy", which I later clarified, and really should apologize for).

[ QUOTE ]
I have 30k posts here

[/ QUOTE ]

Right. And you have your own forum. And micromanage the posting in your forum. So there is probably a good chance you don't take this all too seriously, in the least.

It's not really that elaborate a construct I described above. Just my read based on your volume, content and style of posting.

-Al
Old 05-04-2007, 04:32 AM

Al,

I actually thought I was pretty low-key in the dinner thread considering that gm just dropped in out of the blue to flame me totally unprovoked in that thread. Regardless, it disappoints me that you don't think I can rip on someone and then engage in mature dialog with them after that. Pretty much the only two people on 2+2 that I just by default don't give any credit to are diebitter and Sniper.
Old 05-04-2007, 09:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
And of course being professional politicians, no doubt they were figuring out how to milk every possible advantage out of 9/11 before the 2nd tower hit the ground.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah. Forget about organizing the relief effort and stopping other planes and figuring out who did this and how to retaliate, etc. Everyone was focusing on an election that wouldn't happen for 3 more years.

Brilliant analysis.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really love the logic that the bush administration is a bunch of ignorant boobs, and yet, they somehow are evil-master-plan geniuses.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bush=ignorant boob
Cheney=evil-master-plan genius

[/ QUOTE ]

I mean seriouslly, it is the perfect cover. And it would take an evil genius to get bush elected.
Old 05-04-2007, 10:17 AM

Wow, that denver international airport thing is going to ruin my whole day at work. Crazy.

Greg
Old 05-04-2007, 10:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Off the top of my head, PITTM, CardSharpCook, bruiser, strassa, daryn, and evan are a few folks who this has happened with.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just out of curiosity do you remember our 2-hour IM barrage (where apparently you were hammered) over the Gigabet thing? Man I wish I had that saved. I'm sure you were completely right about GB btw. But I still maintain my basic position that a 2+2 with Gigabet posting is more interesting than one without.

<----- (braces for onsluaght [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img])
Old 05-04-2007, 11:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Whats weird is that this thread is kind of a microcosm of why the US is starting to suck in regards to freedom of expression. Somebody says something completely off the wall, ridiculous, and frankly quite dangerous in a really retarded way, and no one is allowed to call them out on it for fear of being labled "a big meanie doody head".

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this kinda fails, 'cause beyond a forum on a private message board that's been given to one person to run as he sees, nobody is really disallowing criticism.

That said,

There's a different between "I think you're wrong and here is why, and one of those reason may be because you're not that smart" and "you're a [censored] retard".

The former is more productive.

Howard,

I would welcome dinner and a discussion about gobbomom's parenting. (and gobbo- a good part of the reason I'm harsh is that I used to be in your son's position, I know how horrible that is for him, and if you can help him lose weight, then for the love of god do it)
Old 05-04-2007, 12:38 PM

I think the 9/11 theories are actually quite intriguing.
The official report is so full of holes and half-truths that I find it to be an insult to my intelligence. Like we will accept any explanation without question. And apparently we do because we are typically too busy most of the time to bother going any deeper than the mainstream newsfeed.

obviously there was no coordinated master plan that the entire government was involved in. Yet I am still not convinced that it was all just a result of general government-wide incompetence. But who knows.

If nothing else it makes good song content!
My brother and I threw this one together awhile ago:
911 Was An Inside Job
Old 05-04-2007, 02:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Al,

I am sincerely interested in the thought process that leads to these beliefs, no lie.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wouldn't it be easy enough to do either of the following:

1) Read the propoganda on various conspiracy websites;
2) Stike up conversations at 2pm on a weekday with patrons in dive bars. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

All kidding aside, I don't know if there is some common trait among people like this, other than maybe characterological suspiciousness coupled with cognitive laziness. Do you see these conspiracy "nuts" as being different from people who won't vacinate their kids and/or those who distrust "Big Pharm" but will swallow any snake oil supplement which says "Organic" on the label?