Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-03-2007, 07:52 PM

Default Re: nl10$ terrible misplay..

[ QUOTE ]
I wanted to check raise the turn but it didn't work out. Should I have played more aggressively on the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is what I asked advice on...Nothing to do with preflop action.
Old 05-03-2007, 07:57 PM

You have to bet that flop. There's only one person behind you and he can easily check it. You are losing way too much value. You want to build the pot as much as possible. The way it played, you should have raised when it got back to you on the flop and bet the turn.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I wanted to check raise the turn but it didn't work out. Should I have played more aggressively on the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is what I asked advice on...Nothing to do with preflop action.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the point is that this hand is much easier to play if you had raised it pre-flop. You can just bet it out for value starting from the flop rather than get fancy with a check-raise on the turn with a small pot.

Did anyone actually read the hand history???
He limps UTG and it is full ring, I would play the same pre. I'd normally lead this flop, if I checked like you did, I would def check raise. Its 3 way and you want to build this pot. Plus you want QJ to put money in now. Bet the turn, although you'll find hands like this easier to play if you just get more aggressive. Most ppl are 10nl are stations, you've gotta make them put their money in with ur set, not check call down.
Old 05-03-2007, 09:44 PM

I really don't understand the PF advice you guys are giving here. Consider that hero is UTG at an 8-handed table, basically a full table, with 7 players yet to act. If hero raises and is called by at least 2 people, hero better be sure that no card higher than a 6 hit the board otherwise hero is likely throwing away the hand. I don't have Poker stove on my new pc so I can't run the numbers. But 8 of the 13 ranked cards beat a 6 so it doesn't take much for a caller to make a higher pair. Basically what I'm saying is that I would imagine that a pair of 6 be played only for set value at a full ring table. My math may be off but the chances of hitting the set is a little under 10% and might even be closer to 8%. That means somewhere around 90% of the times you are not hitting your set. That's a high failure rate in my opinion. So why spew chips when you can see a cheap flop? However, at 6-max I definitely PFR with a pair of 6.

Someone please explain the flaw in my logic.
Old 05-03-2007, 10:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Speaking of that, why the heck does it only show 5 people acting?
Old 05-03-2007, 10:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Speaking of that, why the heck does it only show 5 people acting?

[/ QUOTE ]

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 6, 6.
Hero calls $0.10, 4 folds, Button calls $0.10, SB completes, BB checks.
Old 05-03-2007, 10:42 PM

So it means, 4 of them folded? ZZzzzz. Yea, I would limp in full ring too I suppose. Rest of my post still stands.
Old 05-03-2007, 10:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So it means, 4 of them folded? ZZzzzz. Yea, I would limp in full ring too I suppose. Rest of my post still stands.

[/ QUOTE ]

I feel limping here is probably best. Playing for set value is good imo cuz sets play well multiway which it's likely to be, and if somebody raises behind you after a couple other limpers you really dont mind cuz you stand a good chance of stacking somebody when you hit.

I think about PP's at 6max UTG at really loose tables where you raise PF, the flop is 4 way, and cbets get zero respect. Wouldnt those conditions warrant open limping?
I'm not trying to go against the grain here. I prefer to open raise and I'm making money off low PP's from cbetting alone never mind hitting sets, but some sessions, some tables it just doesnt feel right to bother raising, especially when you can stack a donk in an un raised pot anyway.
Old 05-03-2007, 11:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I think about PP's at 6max UTG at really loose tables where you raise PF, the flop is 4 way, and cbets get zero respect. Wouldnt those conditions warrant open limping?
I'm not trying to go against the grain here. I prefer to open raise and I'm making money off low PP's from cbetting alone never mind hitting sets, but some sessions, some tables it just doesnt feel right to bother raising, especially when you can stack a donk in an un raised pot anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, which is why sometimes you can't think of something in terms of "always" and "never" But in general, usually it's much easier to stack people in a raised pot as your flop bet is larger. But if they're bad enough that you can like open shove the flop and they'll still call, then it's reasonable to limp. This is especially true at tables where people don't raise pf.