Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-03-2007, 05:30 PM

Default Re: Taking the Pulse on Internet Poker

[ QUOTE ]
This is from a book at Amazon:

"The recent boom of Texas hold em has forever changed the way the game is played. Many more people know how to play this game well. Even the loose players who come to gamble have become far more aggressive, making them more difficult to play against. So a basic tight and patient strategy will no longer guarantee that you can make a significant amount of money in games at the higher stakes. This is especially true short-handed, which have become increasingly popular in the online poker rooms."

So you dinosaurs just play the way you play and never mind which way the world is moving. If you can't adapt then you will be left behind (in poker terms that means broke). Cheers!

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait a minute, wait a minute...you mean to tell me that the key to success is to play more aggressively? Hmmm...you make some good points.

I was going to go play some poker, but now I will spend the remainder of my afternoon carefully considering the material you have posted, and determine whether I can apply some of this sage advice to my game by raising a hand or two rather than always calling. I will also peruse the poker section of Amazon and see if I can be as fortunate as you were to find some more good information.

Thanks again for opening my eyes to a whole new world.

P.S. You should definitely be posting some of your insights in the strategy forums.
Old 05-03-2007, 05:36 PM

Stop playing nitty?
Old 05-03-2007, 06:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I wonder what your other 54 posts in 2 years are like, but alas i'm too lazy to actually search to look.

[/ QUOTE ]

Back in November he said this! (LOL)

[ QUOTE ]
Personally, I love Bodog ever since I started there a year ago. I am a consistent winner there (and I have tried other sites and am not crazy about them but now I can adjust my game to a much more variety of situations so I can do well just about anywhere now). [b]And now that some sites have closed all the maniacs are loose and Bodog is now easier. MHO

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 05-03-2007, 06:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Back in November he said this! (LOL)

[ QUOTE ]
Personally, I love Bodog ever since I started there a year ago. I am a consistent winner there (and I have tried other sites and am not crazy about them but now I can adjust my game to a much more variety of situations so I can do well just about anywhere now). And now that some sites have closed all the maniacs are loose and Bodog is now easier. MHO

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Flippin' hilarious!

Also gotta love the fact that he quotes a book to prove that the internet is not contemporary.

Is this what usually happens when folks wander over from P5s?