Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-03-2007, 12:19 PM

Default Taking the Pulse on Internet Poker

At one time, I had a $400 bankroll on Bodog. Hence, I said 'one time.' Maniacs from other sites that had closed dramatically changed the face of Bodog forever. I realized this too late and failed to adjust my game.

Another example, would be that I watched TV and read alot of magazines to notice the trend of aggressive play (Mizrachi) became popular. I caught that in time and dutifully adjusted my play.

My question is besides two plus two and pocket fives, where are there other forums that I can monitor to keep up with how the internet is changing?
Old 05-03-2007, 12:22 PM

Location: Phase 1: collect underpants Phase 2: ??? Phase 3: Profit
Default Re: Taking the Pulse on Internet Poker

lol
Old 05-03-2007, 12:49 PM

When I first opened this thread I saw Musashistyles lol and said that's rude.
Then I read the post....lol

You might be reading (no pun intended) a little to into things IMO. Everyone has their own basic style that might chage slighly depening on beer, the rest of the table, the wife cheating on them. The grinder isn't going to turn Jenny tight paints into a reraising nit. No matter how many times he's seen him on poker after dark.
Old 05-03-2007, 02:22 PM

Well, that poster that said lol don't have brains obviously.

There are many more aggressive or wannabe, aggressive players now than there used to be and they became that way b/c of the coverage the media gave to Mizrachi and his aggressive opening style.

Also, when Gus Hansen was covered heavily everyone (well not EVERYONE) wanted to play like him.

Information such as why UB is tighter than Bodog would help alot of people. I don't play at Bodog b/c of the maniacs there nor do I play at Party for the same reason.
Old 05-03-2007, 03:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't play at Bodog b/c of the maniacs there nor do I play at Party for the same reason.

[/ QUOTE ]

Where do you play? Screenname please?
Old 05-03-2007, 03:40 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong (and both the wrongness and corrections happen all the time), but I like maniacs. Adjusting your game for them doesn't mean much really if you are already TAG...

Chips...
Old 05-03-2007, 04:03 PM

I wonder what your other 54 posts in 2 years are like, but alas i'm too lazy to actually search to look.

oh yea, and lol @ pocketfives forums
Old 05-03-2007, 04:57 PM

This is from a book at Amazon:

"The recent boom of Texas hold em has forever changed the way the game is played. Many more people know how to play this game well. Even the loose players who come to gamble have become far more aggressive, making them more difficult to play against. So a basic tight and patient strategy will no longer guarantee that you can make a significant amount of money in games at the higher stakes. This is especially true short-handed, which have become increasingly popular in the online poker rooms."

So you dinosaurs just play the way you play and never mind which way the world is moving. If you can't adapt then you will be left behind (in poker terms that means broke). Cheers!
Old 05-03-2007, 05:09 PM

lol
Old 05-03-2007, 05:16 PM

I just the other day got, an internet was sent by my staff at 10 o'clock in the morning on Friday and I just got it yesterday. Why?

Because it got tangled up with all these things going on the internet commercially.

They want to deliver vast amounts of information over the internet. And again, the internet is not something you just dump something on. It's not a truck.

It's a series of tubes.

And if you don't understand those tubes can be filled and if they are filled, when you put your message in, it gets in line and its going to be delayed by anyone that puts into that tube enormous amounts of material, enormous amounts of material.