Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-03-2007, 04:44 PM

Default River decision - $40/$80 live LHE

pf raiser is a fairly solid player
button is something like a 40/8/.75 player

live 9 handed 40/80 LHE
preflop: UTG limps, mucked to <font color="red"> hijack who raises </font>, button cold calls, Hero calls in SB w 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], BB calls, UTG calls (5 players, 10 small bets)
flop: J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] check, check, check, <font color="red">pfr bets</font>, button calls, <font color="red">Hero raises</font>, muck, muck, pfr calls, button calls (3 players, 16 small bets)
turn: J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="red">Hero bets</font>, pfr mucks, button raises, Hero calls (2 players, 12 big bets)
river: J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Hero?

i) bet/call?
ii) check/raise/call?
iii) check/raise/muck?
iv) check/call?
v) bet/muck?

also is Hero too passive on turn?

thanks...
Old 05-03-2007, 04:54 PM

Default Re: River decision - $40/$80 live LHE

I lead river and call a raise. I dont think you were too passive on turn although a 3bet may be preferable (ur sick if he 4bets though)
Old 05-03-2007, 05:26 PM

How in the world are you not 3-betting this turn?
Old 05-03-2007, 05:33 PM

c/r river...
Old 05-03-2007, 05:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think the turn is a clear 3 bet. Realistically, we are behind most of his raising hands here, sure we have a flush draw, but I think against this opponent (descibed as fairly passive) a call is better.
Old 05-03-2007, 05:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think the turn is a clear 3 bet. Realistically, we are behind most of his raising hands here, sure we have a flush draw, but I think against this opponent (descibed as fairly passive) a call is better.

[/ QUOTE ]

I misread the hand; I had thought the passive guy folded and the PFR raised the turn. I can understand a smooth-call here. The river is probably a check-raise and cry-call a 3-bet.
Old 05-03-2007, 06:00 PM

bet the flop and hope to trap BB and UTG for lots of bets. The only hand you need to protect again is 9T, and that hand isn't going anywhere regardless of what you do.
Old 05-04-2007, 12:14 AM

Im not so big on a river checkraise. You will get 3bets in when he has a boat, 2 in when he has a 8 bigger kicker (and u win), and 0 in when he has AJ,etc... solid player cold calling a raise and raising the turn seems more like AJ, or full house to me..Meaning you will get 3 when behind and 0 when ahead, why not get the for sure river crying call?
Old 05-04-2007, 12:42 AM

A very loose and passive player calls waits for the turn to raise? That looks like an 8 or a possibly a turned straight to me. I'd check-raise the river.

If 3-bet, well, I'd probably pay off, though it depends on how solid that passive read is. I only fold in these kinds of spots when I'm really sure. If you did fold, I wouldn't fault you for it, it's probably the best play.

good luck.
Eric