Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-03-2007, 02:19 PM

Default Re: 50 NL: Pot is Big, River Sucks, What\'s Your Line?

We can't fold given the odds we're getting on the river.

The only question is whether villain will call with more hands than he'll bet with, or vice versa. Villain is not going to bluff here given stack sizes. So push.
Old 05-03-2007, 02:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
IMO his river range is AT, 77, JJ+

We are ahead of that range. As only hands we're losing to will bet if checked to, we should bet to force him into calling with those hands he wouldn't bet with.

And given how small our stack is, I don't think we should consider whether we should allow him bluff here because he won't - he doesn't have the FE.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is answer.

I think check/calling is a very common mistake, thus why I posted the hand.
Old 05-03-2007, 02:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Again, Jihad, I made this post for the purpose of teaching. Quit being so obtuse.

The concept I'm getting at here is the river play. Bet, check/call or fold. I think everyone will agree that check/folding getting 4:1 would be bad. But I think there are a lot of players here who won't be able to identify the optimal line or it's rationale.

[/ QUOTE ]

So for the purpose of teaching, you called a pf raise with a suited connector OOP and two opponents w/ position, then floated OOP on the flop? If you don't smash the turn, how interesting is this hand?

I imagine this type of play might be effective at 200 because more observant opponents would notice that your line is unorthodox, and if repeated drastically wrong - which is probably going to get you paid off in future hands.

However, like you said in another post, 50NLers play a lot more straightforward, and one has to 'relearn' what their lines mean in order make accurate observations and successful reads.

But yeah by the river, your FE is gone. I think your opponent calls with both worse and better hands.