Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-03-2007, 01:56 AM

Default Re: Biggest problem you have with your govnernment?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I recommend you use the "Notify Moderator" button. That's why they put it there.

[/ QUOTE ]

I responded the way I wanted to respond.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I were mod I would fix your quotes, like this.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I were mod youd be banned for life for that post, and it has nothing to do with "opinion", it has to do with the fact that you are on sick person.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yer kidding, right? Of course, I think Boro is being a little ridiculous and probably letting his emotions color his judgment a little bit (and watching your wife cry will do that to people) but you think he should be banned for life for giving an opinion? Its not like he is condoning indiscriminate murder, he's identified an enemy and approves of the use of violent force to eliminate his enemy. I personally disagree with that about as strongly as you can, but its ludicrous to suggest he should be banned for it. I'd much rather attack his premises.

[/ QUOTE ]

A faceless bunch of drones doing their job should be shot because they didnt withhold enough or his wife is emotionally unstable? that is NOT an opinion. And to raise VT in the same context magnifies it. Not only should he be banned for life, he should seek professional help, quickly.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is just shrieking. Seek professional help? What a ridiculous bit of hyperbole. You don't really think that, do you? Like you think he should be evaluated as a danger to himself or others, or that he could use an hour a week on a leather couch?

[/ QUOTE ]

Someone here needs to seek professional help anyway... I do have to admit, seeing these posts through other people quoting them is highly amusing.
Old 05-03-2007, 01:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Your faux outrage is very impressive.

[/ QUOTE ]

Go faux yourself. I wish you were here and Id show you how faux it isn't.

[/ QUOTE ]

See, if I were mod, you wouldn't ever have to be embarrased by your broken quotes ever again.

[/ QUOTE ]

another indication that youre life is too entwined in this forum. If Im ever embarassed about something so asinine, I'll take you off ignore. buh bye

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks! Have a nice life.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good lord, he's done you a favor! Maybe I should try for that result instead of the other way around.
Old 05-03-2007, 08:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
During times of peace and a very small military, our government was less able to wield the domestic and international power that fuels it today.

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh? We wield less international power today than any time in the last 60 and maybe 80 years.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure how you are defining power in this breathlessly sweeping statement. But if you mean that US economic leverage over Europe, Japan has declined proportionally, then okay.

All the more reason for military dominance. As we lose out competitively, Washington is relying more and more on violence. Hence, a war in Iraq to control Europe and Japan's oil source (they depend on Mideast oil much more than we do).

The decline in economic advantage has not made us less militaristic in the least, and probably is worsening it.

Militarily, our power has gone up immeasurably because there is no counterweight, no obstacle, now that the USSR is gone. The invasion of Iraq is inconceivable with the USSR still on the scene.

PS: And it's a nuisance scrolling through the cat fight. I don't care who started it, if I hear another peep from anyone, you are all going to your rooms.
Old 05-03-2007, 11:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Militarism. We spend more on the military than the rest of the world combined. Besides bankrupting ourselves, imperialism is creating enemies faster than we can kill them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, not bad.
Old 05-03-2007, 11:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think a system is only good as the honorable people running it. Ideas are worthless without the support of the right leaders.

I don't know how one would go about doing it, but I would eliminate lobbyists and direct funding from groups who steer legislation.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very true, except in a case where you have a bulletproof system that runs (almost) by itself.
We haven't reached that yet.