Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-03-2007, 07:49 AM

Default Opinions on my turn push here. NL1000

http://www.pokerhand.org/?1055683

Anything to change here? Villain in the hand was a huge fish. I had played 50 hands at that table so far, but had good reads on villain since earlier history at the tables. His range after turn raise is still v v wide, everything like middlepairs, AJ, KJ, QJ and so on.

I dont like my line anymore as much as i liked while playinh the hand.

Opinions plz.
Old 05-03-2007, 08:03 AM

Default Re: Opinions on my turn push here. NL1000

i think you should redo the hand history to not include results. it makes for much more objective advice.

from what you say of the villian, i dont think your line is that bad.
Old 05-03-2007, 08:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i think you should redo the hand history to not include results. it makes for much more objective advice.

from what you say of the villian, i dont think your line is that bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

ok. keep in mind for future.
Old 05-03-2007, 09:11 AM

sorry to disagree, but you said villain is a fish; do you think a fish is able to call flop then check-raise turn with a straight/flush draw? Definitely not, too sophisticated.

If he has a middle pair or a Jack I guess he calls (station) down, it's really uncommon for a fish to have a read on an opponent and value check-raise turn with top pair.

Definitely you shuold put him on a flopped set, given the infos; sorry that he sucked out with that straight, but I really can't see him doing this bluffing or with a worst hand than KK.
Old 05-03-2007, 09:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Anything to change here? Villain in the hand was a huge fish. I had played 50 hands at that table so far, but had good reads on villain since earlier history at the tables. His range after turn raise is still v v wide, everything like middlepairs, AJ, KJ, QJ and so on.

Opinions plz.

[/ QUOTE ]

With a 2 flush board, I bet more on the flop. You bet 50 into an 85 pot after betting 40 preflop. I bet at least 60 here, if not 65 or 70.

As it is, he was getting 2.7:1 pot odds with an additional 16:1 implied odds on the gutshot even if his Ace was not live. Betting 60 or 65 or 70 on that flop wrecks his implied odds.

On the turn, I often check behind here, hoping to induce a bluff on the river. Sometimes I bet it if I feel they are on a flush draw. When I do, sometimes they fold, sometimes the call, sometimes they check-raise.

If they call, I'll often value bet a non-spade river suspecting they have a jack.

If they raise the turn, it's time to re-evaluate whether I want to play a big pot with 1 pair. Sometimes I do. Sometimes I don't.
Old 05-03-2007, 10:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Opinions plz.

[/ QUOTE ]

With a 2 flush board, I bet more on the flop. You bet 50 into an 85 pot after betting 40 preflop. I bet at least 60 here, if not 65 or 70.

As it is, he was getting 2.7:1 pot odds with an additional 16:1 implied odds on the gutshot even if his Ace was not live. Betting 60 or 65 or 70 on that flop wrecks his implied odds.

On the turn, I often check behind here, hoping to induce a bluff on the river. Sometimes I bet it if I feel they are on a flush draw. When I do, sometimes they fold, sometimes the call, sometimes they check-raise.

If they call, I'll often value bet a non-spade river suspecting they have a jack.

If they raise the turn, it's time to re-evaluate whether I want to play a big pot with 1 pair. Sometimes I do. Sometimes I don't.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good comments tho.

And about the flop bet. Standard here is 60 to 80 pot (which i was doing, but it was misclick, and its easy at Boss if u r hurry and u dont type the numbers there). So i ment to bet that 60. Against that fish I often bet the whole pot but not this time for some reason [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]