Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-03-2007, 01:17 AM

Default Re: ***OFFICIAL*** LOST Season 3 Episode 19 Discussion -spoiler free-

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
lol at people entertaining the idea that they really are in hell.
As someone said - yeah they're going to give you the answer 4/5 through season 3.

[/ QUOTE ]

these are probably the same people who believed there was literally a big magic box that contained whatever you wanted

[/ QUOTE ]critisizing someone's opinion of a tv show is one of the more retarded things I've ever heard of.
Old 05-03-2007, 01:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
wouldn't arguing over a "stupid post someone made" with a retard in fact make you a retard?

you'd think after 16,000 posts on a forum someone wouldn't bother to make ridiculously uncalled for, derailing douchebag posts that do nothing but make them look like an [censored].

no wonder why so many people stay away from OOT.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, I don't think anyone wants you to leave. Just let it go man. FWIW, I didn't notice you in these posts until you started bitching about Daryn's comment.
Old 05-03-2007, 01:30 AM

Yes... the "west" was a typo/brain-fart. I meant to say east. I'll go back and edit.

And, yes, I think they think they're in the Pacific and have good reason to do so. But, hey, the Pacific is a pretty big place. Wouldn't you be interested in knowing where in the Pacific you were?

And the answers about her we got -- who, what, how and why, but not where!

I get the points, though... that it's certainly understandable that this wouldn't have come up in conversation. But, as this whole thought process has been bugging me for quite some time and I was disappointed that it didn't.
Old 05-03-2007, 01:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
In summary, if the plane leaving Sydney at 2:55 PM crashed after flying west for 8 hours it would have crashed at night.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ignoring the rest of the post, I'm pretty sure that this statement is incorrect.

[/ QUOTE ]
Why would the plane travel west from Sydney? Was that a typo?

[/ QUOTE ]

That would make it 10:55 PM in Sydney right? Which means they would have had to fly about (September)...3 time zones west in 8 hours? That is definitely doable and there is no reason that even if you were going west 8 hours, it would be night.

Conclusion: West/East or whatever, I don't think it would have to be night given the timeframe.

[/ QUOTE ]

Here's how it went:

"6 hours in. Our radio went out, no one could see us. We turned back to land in Fiji, by the time we hit turbulence we were 1000 miles off course. They're looking for us in the wrong place."

"Before the crash, the pilot said we'd lost communication; we were turning back. We were flying for two hours in the wrong direction. They don't know where to look."

So they flew east from Sydney, but turned back around and flew west because their radio went out.
Old 05-03-2007, 01:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
lol at people entertaining the idea that they really are in hell.
As someone said - yeah they're going to give you the answer 4/5 through season 3.

[/ QUOTE ]

these are probably the same people who believed there was literally a big magic box that contained whatever you wanted

[/ QUOTE ]
I feel like this brag is equivalent to bragging that I know 2+2=4, but whatever.
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...age=0&vc=1
I liked this episode, but I was expecting a big ending. I am really hoping that they do Ben flashbacks before the season ends.

[/ QUOTE ]

Potential spoiler info for people who don't read tv guide....
<font color="white">
Ben's episode is coming up next week. Week after that is Charlie and then I'm not sure about the following week. The finale is Jacks. This was posted in the tv guide that I just read earlier today so I'm assuming that it's out there.

Edit: Actually that episode before the finale is supposed to be something different. It's supposed to be something different, in that it's not an actual episode, but more of a interview. The show's producer will come on and reveal some of the stuff that has been solved on the island and also some of the mysteries that still haven't been solved yet. Supposed to be to bring in new viewers and to give them some explanations on what's been going on and stuff like that. </font>
Old 05-03-2007, 01:35 AM

It goes in white. But you would know that if you read the big red line of text marked "spoiler rule" that is posted each week.

I knew all of that, anyway, so it doesn't piss me off.
Old 05-03-2007, 01:37 AM

In regards to the whole "We're in Hell" thing. I realize nearly everyone thinks that this isn't actually the case, but wasn't it basically confirmed not to be the case during this episode. Naomi mentioned that she saw the island before her helicopter crashed. If the island was actually Hell, she wouldn't have been able to see it until after her crash, just like everyone else.
Old 05-03-2007, 01:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Here's how it went:

"6 hours in. Our radio went out, no one could see us. We turned back to land in Fiji, by the time we hit turbulence we were 1000 miles off course. They're looking for us in the wrong place."

"Before the crash, the pilot said we'd lost communication; we were turning back. We were flying for two hours in the wrong direction. They don't know where to look."

So they flew east from Sydney, but turned back around and flew west because their radio went out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right.

And if that's what happened, they should have crashed at night.
Old 05-03-2007, 01:42 AM

first off, i just temp banned drexah, i'm sure daryn would have done it sooner but he was arguing with him and didn't want it to look biased.

now,

i have noticed a developing theme of ben addressing the others, or having to keep his word to them regarding the losties, etc. (as with his promise to jack about leaving the island). his remark on locke would seem to fit into that trend. on the surface it would lend credence to the notion of a schism between ben and the others, which has been mentioned since juliet's video for jack but always from a relatively untrustworthy source. juliet's subsequent behavior makes it seem more plausible that she really does hate ben. it seems that this is either a REALLY absurdly elaborate setup, and those words were a form of manipulation against locke, or they should be taken at face value to some extent. i have this nagging feeling that ben himself is setting up, or is aware of, an upcoming coup against him, possibly even one led by or intended to install locke.

i tend to agree with easternbloc's speculations in this thread.

i got the sense from papa locke that he was trying to sacrifice himself. he was too complicit in the whole thing. the point that he may believe he is in hell is relevant, but to me it seemed like he was actively trying to aid the others by goading locke into killing him, and then later, sawyer. like when he put on a southern accent when talking to sawyer, having never had one before. his behavior coincides too neatly with all the Others' plans.

i also think that ben may be trying to get juliet killed by the losties, to keep his hands clean. why would he be listening to the tape of juliet's report right after calling for locke? how did that tape fall into locke's hands? if he is trying to get juliet killed, it would detract from my greater theory of ben being complicit in a coup against himself, since juliet would be one of the plotters. it could also have been a test for locke. i wouldn't be surprised if there is no raid, or if it doesn't happen as advertised.

i didn't have the sense that ben wanted locke to kill his dad, or expected him to do it. i felt he was probing him with that, testing his will.

i also don't think they're in Hell. if they are i'll be pissed.

i thought the whole jack/kate/juliet exchange was fantastic. kate is convinced to tell jack her secret, then it is revealed that jack has a secret from HER, which he has shared with JULIET, and he ELECTS NOT TO TELL HER! and then juliet is the one asking him to reveal it! so sick. i figured it was the preggers thing, but it could also have been regarding the phone. that interaction both made us question jack's loyalty to the losties AND made us wonder about juliet's real loyalty. i think she's very conflicted and my guess is she will make a decision along these lines that will be critical to the end-of-season plot. wouldn't it be sick if jack betrays the losties but juliet earns their trust?

so, my speculations going forward:

---nagging idea about ben being complicit in a coup against himself, or, separately, about a coup within the others where locke supplants ben

---strong suspicion that ben is trying to get juliet killed or put her in harm's way / leave her hanging

---juliet will make maybe the biggest decision of the late season in terms of impact when she 'chooses sides' again

---strongly suspect papa locke / OG sawyer was working with the others

---strongly doubt they are in Hell
Old 05-03-2007, 01:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Here's how it went:

[/ QUOTE ]

Right.

And if that's what happened, they should have crashed at night.

[/ QUOTE ]

With very large probability this is just an oversight. Just like other production errors or inconsistencies (the hand in the shot with Kate's horse, the Desmond photo change, the Hurley photo change, the gun thing mentioned above etc.) almost certainly are.

Despite the fact that they know people follow the show in excruciating detail, the people making the show are still human.