Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-02-2007, 11:35 PM

Default Re: Looking for help w/ marginal hands

I've recently tightened up and have improved playing at this level.

I aggree with the poster that calling with KTs is marginal. You won't hit straights or flushes often enough to make up for the fact that you're likely dominated by the PFR. Though with all the bets in before you, you are getting 5.5:1 to call? So that may push it the other way since with that many people in you'll likely get paid off in a big way if you catch. As it turns out the pot was huge. Flop onward you played well.

The second hand, open limping I think is a bad idea. Then for the SB to raise, he's got to have a very good hand. AA/KK/QQ/AK/AQ is all I can put him on. I think the only hand that you could expect him to 3bet that you're ahead of on the flop is AdKd.
I would call the 3Bet and fold the turn UI
Old 05-03-2007, 12:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]

AJo UTG fold or raise? (.25.50) LP type games.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why is calling not an option?
Old 05-03-2007, 01:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Why is calling not an option?

[/ QUOTE ]

Cause everyone will flame you like a noob if you open-limp UTG. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

But seriously. AJo is a hand that plays better short-handed than it multi-way. The fewer players, the better. Raise to try and make it fewer players.
Old 05-03-2007, 10:01 PM

So this all helped me do some review.

Heres what i came up with.

Im killing myself with off suited broadway. Mostly folds on flops. Ive been taught that 20 hands play well vs2 3max opps or in huge 6-8 way pots playing only for the st and flush boat possibilities. Problem is isolating is tough at .25.50 (i think my 52% VPIP w/ these hands is a bit much.)

The suited hands like K10 and J10 Q10 im doing well with about 22% VPIP and decent profit.

Heres the conundrum. How do i manage to maintain a 19-21 vpip not playing these hands, it seems like latly my VPIP is 12-15 area. Is this better for these extrmly low limits due to lack of isolation plays and bluffing?