UTG+1: t2912
MP1: t6438
MP2: t10902
MP3: t7360
HERO: t11300
Button: t3612
SB: t6795
BB: t4190

Pre-flop: (9 players) HERO is CO with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
5 folds, <font color="#cc0000">HERO raises to t600</font>, Button folds, SB calls t500 <font color="aaaaaa">(pot was t900)</font>, BB calls t400 <font color="aaaaaa">(pot was t1400)</font>.

Flop: 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (t1800, 3 players)
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">HERO bets t600</font>, <font color="#cc0000">SB raises to t1600</font>, BB folds, HERO calls t1000 <font color="aaaaaa">(pot was t4000)</font>.

Turn: 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (t5000, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets t2000</font>, HERO ???

Hero is playing a lot of pots with no showdown, usually trying to steal the blinds.
Villain is unknown.

Should I consider checking this flop or betting more? What should I do on the turn?
Old 05-02-2007, 09:20 AM

Default Re: Stars 10k quarantee. Steal from CO with QTo

welcome to the forums.

betting 1/3 the pot on the flop is really god awful, that's almost never a good bet size, and certainly not here.

i would probably set him in after the turn, since he's pot committed, and i have top pair! plus the small flop bet may have enticed a bluff-raise from him. i generally bet 1000-1200 on the flop and i call if someone makes a move over me, because, well, i have top pair.
Old 05-02-2007, 04:05 PM

If I had called on the turn I probably should have called the river bet because of pot odds (of course if the river wouldn't bring some scary card).

I have been thinking what I could beat: JT and 98 (maybe A9 or K9) and it confused me a lot cause I couldn't have imagined villain calling with it.
Old 05-02-2007, 06:00 PM

QTo is not my favorite stealing hand with reasonably deep money, but it will do. It is easy to make a second best hand with it, and hard to make a big hand.

The 1/3 pot bet on the flop makes it hard for you to get a read when you get raised. 1/3 pot almost always means a monster, something like second pair, a draw, or a bluff. No one bets 1/3 pot with top pair.

As played, probably push the turn. You could also fold, depedning on your read.
Old 05-02-2007, 06:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
QTo is not my favorite stealing hand with reasonably deep money, but it will do. It is easy to make a second best hand with it, and hard to make a big hand.

The 1/3 pot bet on the flop makes it hard for you to get a read when you get raised. 1/3 pot almost always means a monster, something like second pair, a draw, or a bluff. No one bets 1/3 pot with top pair.

As played, probably push the turn. You could also fold, depedning on your read.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with much of this:

Many times when I see someone bet small (and online 1/3 is usually a smallish bet) it usually means one of two things to me, 1) a poorly paid big hand like a set or a draw. Now his reraise could mean a couple of things.

He thinks your on a steal and plans on taking the pot from you.

He has a set and is protecting against the draw

He has a 9 and wants to take the pot away from you as he views your bet as weak.

Since you've been playing a lot of hands he could have called you with A-9 maybe, j10, j-9, A-10, K-10.

I don't think it's likely that he has a set as it seems he's trying to take the pot right there. I think on the turn, shoving is the best option.
Old 05-02-2007, 10:19 PM

Get him all in on the turn. And as others said, bet more in the flop.
Old 05-03-2007, 12:24 AM

He`s not giving up on the turn most of the times, so if u ever consider folding this hand, than pls do it on the flop.

Anyways with your weak sized flop bet you simply cannot fold anymore. Get it in.
Old 05-03-2007, 04:01 AM

I've probably played it very poorly cause I was willing him to check the turn and then I was going to bet 2/3 pot and call the allin, but he betted 2k into 5k pot leaving himself about 2.6k which meant to me like he is squeezing with monster hand and in result I folded.

Probably my fault was betting only 1/3 of the pot on the flop and he could have outplayed me.

Thx for thoughts.
Old 05-03-2007, 07:01 AM

villain called the preflop raise OOP, check-raised the flop and bet out again on the turn ... what can hero beat? I can't see villain here with a bluff or just JT - and that's what we are hoping for.
Old 05-03-2007, 07:18 AM

(GRUNCH)

Well, looking at the course of action, I would be afraid of trips 9 or JJ, two hands that warrant the call of your raise, also looking at your image.

His postflop raise indicated he feels confident he has the best hand, but his turn bet seems a bit off. Is he betting for value? Since the raise is not good enough to scare you off a Flush Draw.

I would have probably folded his postflop raise.

(/GRUNCH)