Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-02-2007, 07:09 PM

Default Re: 6-12 CP - Tough spot... Easy Laydown?

Dont beleive everything you read. As stated above the most likely hand your up against is Ax 2 pair. To that hand you are drawing a 3 outer... and committing yourself to call the river even if you miss your king. To the rest of the range of hands you are drawing dead. 3 bet and then check behind on the river... ugly. In that game nobody is gonna fold so dont 3 bet the turn because it sounds like you will get capped and then popped on the river.

Read up and you can be that guy that just capped his top pair on the turn while everyone else at the table is hoping that soon they will be the lucky one who gets to cap you while you are drawing a 3 outer (if not drawing dead).

Sounds like your drawing dead.
Old 05-02-2007, 07:43 PM

I had no idea that live games would be THIS juicy.
Old 05-03-2007, 12:58 AM

I'd raise the turn and be ok with it. def not folding.
Old 05-03-2007, 02:31 AM

I'm surprised to see the number of votes for "3 Bet Instantly" and "Definately NEVER folding"...
Old 05-03-2007, 03:29 AM

Never played at CP, but at every low limit live game I have ever played I would fold this, because most players are too passive to raise one pair here.
Old 05-03-2007, 03:31 AM

ewwww.

Preflop fine.

Flop sure, why not.

turn, I'm threebetting this, and then after that, I will start thinking about my hand. If I folded, and A7 off took down the pot, I would be sick. I think you got to at least call.
Old 05-03-2007, 03:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
34 in his range? Is he retarded?

[/ QUOTE ]

Retarded is a very real possibility in the CP 6-12 game [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img].
Old 05-03-2007, 03:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Dont beleive everything you read. As stated above the most likely hand your up against is Ax 2 pair. To that hand you are drawing a 3 outer...

[/ QUOTE ]

Unless he has top two, you are drawing to more than three outs.
Old 05-03-2007, 04:21 PM

A lot would depend on your read of the bettor and raiser, if they were super tight I would probably fold. If they were super laggy I would consider a 3 bet. Here I am calling down. Raiser could have AQ or less, could have picked up a flush draw with his straight draw no reason to just assume you are beat here.

I am a regular in the 6/12 game and love it as well. It's not as aggressive as the 8/16 game and you get to see lots of flops cheap and mutiway.
If you play well post flop you can do well there.
Old 05-03-2007, 10:11 PM

I think the big mistake was not betting the flop. IF you had bet you would have a ton more info on what the other players might be holding. I'd play it like this:

Bet the flop. Anyone that caught a piece of the flop will more than likely call, anyone who didn't will fold. At least you know who caught part of it. UTG+2 may even be one of the players folding if he is playing a bad Ace. Info is cheaper on the flop.

Turn: If checked to me I bet. If UTG+2 leads out I reraise. Then see what happens. My turn play would be very read dependant. If anyone raises or UTG+2 CR's I know that at best I'm draw to 3. I will more than likely fold to a raise.

River: Unless I have VERY good indications that that I'm in the lead I check the river (if anyone sticks around that far). In SS I hate getting sucked in for an additional bet if someone CR's and more than likely it's down to 2 player by now. That means I'm only getting 1/1 or 2/1 on additional bets at this point. I'll check/ call and hope to drag in a good size pot.

LK