Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Business, Finance, and Investing
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-02-2007, 09:07 AM

Default Starting a business with an Australian?

I want to start an internet based business with someone that is Australian. Does anyone know if there are any special procedures I need to go though when forming the LLC or corporation? Also what are the tax implications?
Old 05-02-2007, 12:11 PM

Default Re: Starting a business with an Australian?

[ QUOTE ]
I want to start an internet based business with someone that is Australian. Does anyone know if there are any special procedures I need to go though when forming the LLC or corporation? Also what are the tax implications?

[/ QUOTE ]

are you saying you want to start a US business in australia? or an australian operating business in the US? or just starting a business with Wally the Bushwacking WonderAussie??

Barron
Old 05-02-2007, 12:13 PM

I want to start a business with an Australian (Bushwacking WonderAussie). like a american corporation/llc where an Australian would be a 50% shareholder/partner.
Old 05-02-2007, 01:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I want to start a business with an Australian (Bushwacking WonderAussie). like a american corporation/llc where an Australian would be a 50% shareholder/partner.

[/ QUOTE ]

so does he/she live in the US or australia? the working of the corporation in either case shouldn't change. think of it as a US based company with shareholders from wherever, the tax implications are on the individual shareholders. for instance, if you pay 100% dividends and reinvest no compnay earnings into the company, you'll get 50% and he/she'll get 50%. that 50% he/she gets is taxable i THINK by either the US, Australia, or both. that needs to be researched but i think thats the general idea.

Barron