Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-02-2007, 12:31 PM

Default Well, I guess I need some help from the regulars here.

I hope this does not come off as rambling, but I feel a bit lost.

Currently my account has a measly 150 dollar and 33W$ in it, and I feel a bit lost how to proceed from here.

Of course, the purpose is to play better poker, I have most, if not all, of the recommended books for ring play, have HOH series, and whatnot. I also read them by the way, although I would be the first to say that I need to read and understand and study more.

Thing is...I have been reasonably successful in the past, taking 3 MTT tourneys ($5 buy-in) on Pokerroom, various places in the Stars low buy-ins, and took a 4+0,40 180 on Stars some months ago.

Thing is...I feel that the more I study, the more elaborate my reasoning becomes, the more fancy moves I understand....the worse I become!
Well, at least my results...

I used to 4 table a lot of 1+20 45 player on PS, in a week I made 50 bucks playing around 40 tournaments. Of course, bad sample size, but I like to think I can beat these games.

Now, I play one table, same buy-in, use M and Q and adjust my game to the blinds and other players....and get eliminated early.

I don't know if any of you readers have experienced the same "development" in their game, but for me it goes belly up obviously, and I am starting to lose belief.

Would the regulars advice me to play much more ABC poker on these levels? If so, until what level and buy-in?

I am contemplating putting 400 dollar more in my account to be properly rolled for $5+,050 dollar MTT and $4+0,40, and to give it a shot to actually get better. I have sworn off multi-tabling, and am really willing to put work in. I love poker and always have enjoyed playing any kind of cards, but I would like to hear some opinions from the experienced ones on this board.

I hope this post makes some sort of sense, I am willing to listen and apply any serious advice I receive.

First on the list is grunching...

Thanks in advance.