Old 05-02-2007, 08:03 AM

Default Re: Holy [censored], an actual content post from Timex

tl,dr; pick some really interesting hands and i'll comment
Old 05-02-2007, 08:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Brag: Luck factor = 35 (50 = average)

[/ QUOTE ]
i think i have a tourney win i uploaded where my luck factor was like 12, maybe even less
Old 05-02-2007, 08:15 AM

yep another look reveals that the december 109 6-max had a luck factor of 10

and you guys wonder why i love 6-max so much
Old 05-02-2007, 10:42 AM

Sorry for the noob question - how is luck factor calculated/what does it tell you?
Old 05-02-2007, 10:43 AM

Isn't that luck factor almost completely meaningless? (no offense nath [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img])

edit: syphos, it's a measure of preflop luck, pretty much just how good your cards were preflop compared to average. As far as I can tell, it's completely useless in measuring how well you played a tournament.
Old 05-02-2007, 10:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Isn't that luck factor almost completely meaningless? (no offense nath [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img])

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd be interested in seeing his post flop luck factor. AQ>KK...KK>AA and I only watched the beginning so far.
Old 05-02-2007, 10:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]

edit: syphos, it's a measure of preflop luck, pretty much just how good your cards were preflop compared to average. As far as I can tell, it's completely useless in measuring how well you played a tournament.

[/ QUOTE ]

And of course, it's not especially lucky to get AA in BB and a walk or KK all in agaisnt AA pf. Nevertheless, it feeds my persecution complex and that can't be all bad.

FWIW, I am actually going through this whole tournament bit by bit at work and will post some comments.
Old 05-02-2007, 12:18 PM

I’ve seen the whole thing and commented on the hands you mentioned. Also on #386, which I think is bad. It’s been pretty dull to be honest. Almost everything seems standard. You don’t seem to steal much (at all) and I thought that given your stack you left a lot of chips on the table during the bubble.

#386 I think it’s very dodgy. While you have been quiet since joining the table, villain has been at the table for less than an orbit so your image is irrelevant.

#130 looks OK to me. Against this guy, you can be dirty and bet the turn real small if you want to find our whether he has a K or a stubborn pair. He bets small with the nuts so he’ll be scared of small bets. But I just give up. You never have the best hand and it’s hard to get a random tight idiot to lay down on the turn when he has called the flop bet.

#154 standard, no?

#179 I probably wouldn’t do this, but I like it. Because of the stacks sizes in the blinds and having position I like playing for set value here.

#196 If I’ve raised pf (which I may not – stacks are perfect for a limp shove here), then I c-bet that flop because that’s the only way that pot’s getting won by me.

#241 I raise pf FWIW. As played, it’s really hard in the million. People are either shot-scared of flushes or they you assume that you will be. As he’s clearly in the former camp (after the check behind on the flop) you can only bet for value.

#294 Fine. I steal way more than you. You never ever seem to steal. Call the shove deffo.

#330 I instacall unless I have a better read than you can have on this guy. But I probably raise pf and go broke quicker.

#334 Fine

#448 Nice hand

#487 Seems like an easy call to me.

#493 I’d bet the river against this villain. I think his hand is pretty transparent because of the draws on board – he’s shoving a queen, or draws. This looks like a J or TT to me

#527 I do because I like the hand but I’d be aware that it’s a marginal against this guy.

#597 I don’t know about this tbh. I’d need to have a pretty strong read.

#605 I call there but it’s not ideal any which way. I think metagame counts to a certain extent. Is it more useful given stacks and opponents to be seen calling or shoving premiums?

#657 I really think that river bet sucks. I might give up on the flop too.

#671 I think that’s bad.
Old 05-02-2007, 01:42 PM

Oh yeah on 492 I agree a value bet on the river looks good.
Old 05-02-2007, 07:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
yeah i think so, but 10/100 when 50/100 is "average" is a pretty good indicator that i don't give a damn about other people's starting hand standards