Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-30-2007, 10:15 AM

Default Full Tilt Poker colluders

The Western Club, in west london, UK, has some sort of affiliate deal with Full Tilt. On saturday night, I saw two people playing the same MTT, albeit 4 computers away from each other and on separate tables. I spoke to the manager, and he said that full tilt have no active security protocols to prevent people playing on the same tables in MTTs, STTs or cash tables, and that there is very little they could do to prevent people playing on the same multis. However, they frown on collusion, and make sure that everyone at the club knows not to do it, and categorically stated 'it doesn't happen here'.

The very next night, I saw two people colluding over 2 cash tables. Not only that, but the same limits and tables that i would be playing, had I not cashed out all my full tilt money. These are shorthanded PLO tables.

I wonder, how many other poker clubs in the world have similar affiliate deals with full tilt. If I saw it happen on the one night I was looking out for it, how often does it happen at the western, how often does it happen at any other clubs, how often are you playing on any cash table on full tilt and having two people collude against you? I've already sent them an extended email about this.

Do with this information what you will.
Old 04-30-2007, 10:20 AM

Default Re: Full Tilt Poker colluders

you can bring it to the attention of full tilt if you think it's serious enough to let them see the HH to observe and make their own determinations...
Old 04-30-2007, 10:28 AM

Already have; I no longer play on full tilt, because I have other options.

Why would it not be 'serious enough'? What kind of collusion isn't 'serious enough'?
Old 04-30-2007, 10:43 AM

It's no surprise that many of the "good" players here are roomates or buddies with other "good" players. Heads up is the way to go.
Old 04-30-2007, 11:50 AM

I have never been able to cash out from full tilt; to contrast, I have cashed out over $30K between stars and pokerroom. I'm beginning to suspect that this is why.
Old 05-01-2007, 05:03 AM

I'm a recreational player. I play at full tilt. I've also played at ub and party back when.
My education as a poker player, the knowledge that people on the same ip address can play at full tilt, and my play at full tilt over the last seven months leads me to believe that there is far more collusion on Tilt than ub or party.
When I sit down at full tilt, i'm almost expecting collusion and it effects the way i play. So why do i still play there? I made my last deposit in oct. and am still playing on that money. If it was easier to cash out, I would be gone. However i'm waiting to run up a good bit before cashing out, or more likely just bust out. It should be said that I just play cash games, and mostly plo8. Oddly enough the plo8 tables overall seem cleaner than the holdem tables i've played on. Of course this opinion is circumspect as I have no proof whatsoever. It's mostly a feel thing. I should also say that the amount of data-mining in online poker and the effect of playing with a lot of regulars using hud's etc.. also contribute to the appearance of collusion. I do not use hud's or any software while playing. So this also is another ungrounded opinion.
FullTilt Doug addressed the ip issue on his first post in the internet forum and said they were "working on it". He hasn't brought it up since. And while there has been occasions in the past where people were busted for collusion on other sites, I know of no such case on full tilt. I'm still hoping someone could correct me on this.
Old 05-01-2007, 09:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
When I sit down at full tilt, i'm almost expecting collusion and it effects the way i play. So why do i still play there? I made my last deposit in oct. and am still playing on that money. If it was easier to cash out, I would be gone. However i'm waiting to run up a good bit before cashing out, or more likely just bust out.

[/ QUOTE ]

TY for your input. I'm trying to work out whether the above excerpt makes you sound more like a nazi colluder in wartime paris, or an idiot.
Old 05-02-2007, 06:26 AM

No worries. I'm an idiot. To explain:
I never opened an epassporte account so the only way to cash out is by check. This could take anywhere from two weeks to six.
Other than tilt's seemingly lax stance towards collusion, I like the site.