Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-01-2007, 12:35 PM

Default Winning in tough holdem games: Any value to NL players?

Have not played much limit hold'em lately. However I do like to read the 2+2 titles when they come out.

I am wondering how much use some of you feel that this book would be to a shorthanded NL game? Obviously it is not directly applicable, but would any of the concepts translate enough to be valuable?

I will probably buy it regadless, just to get a look into the thought process of a great player's mind. I find this a fascinating part of the HOH series.

Regards,
Greg
Old 05-01-2007, 08:16 PM

Default Re: Winning in tough holdem games: Any value to NL players?

I cut and pasted this from the thread with the review:

[ QUOTE ]
While any good limit hold 'em book may provide information that can be applied to NL cash games, there's no particular reason for a NL player to get this book.

[/ QUOTE ]

WTHEG is very specific to limit games. There are equity considerations which could apply to push/fold short stacked situations though a reader of the 2+2 NL/tourney collection of works would see those situations specifically address in the NL titles.
Old 05-01-2007, 10:13 PM

meh

I bought it anyways. They finally had it at borders. So far I think that if nothing else I can use it to figure out the optimum hands to play using my PT database preflop. Assuming I ever get to 300K hands.

Greg
Old 05-02-2007, 12:46 AM

interesting topic, and something i've wondered about for a long time in general....

i think tough limit and no-limit, it really puts a premium on hand-reading and knowing where you stand in the hand (was that repetitive?)..... low limit limit, it's hard to read your opposition.