Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > BBV4Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-01-2007, 04:40 PM

Default Re: drunk and disorderly but i didnt do it

I figured it was going to be brownies...

That's definitely lame and I know people that have gotten off for less but they got lawyers.

I live in manayunk btw.
Old 05-01-2007, 04:48 PM

Get a lawyer, as suggested. You will still have to report your arrest to the people doing your background check/poly (if your clearance is hardcore enough to require a poly). DIP will likely go over better than a disorderly, but see what the lawyer says.
Old 05-01-2007, 08:44 PM

i was hoping not to have to pay for an attorney [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 05-01-2007, 09:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I figured it was going to be brownies...

That's definitely lame and I know people that have gotten off for less but they got lawyers.

I live in manayunk btw.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is the Manayunk Brewery/Brewpub still there? I volunteered there for about a year when I was trying to get into the biz.
Old 05-02-2007, 12:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i was hoping not to have to pay for an attorney [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you have your sh*t together, you can fly solo, but I wouldn't recommend it. Judges (can) get pissed off easily if you don't follow standard operating procedure (which you probably won't know just from watching Law and Order). Lawyers have courtroom training.

As recommended, get a free consult if possible. At least then you'll have some idea where you stand.
Old 05-02-2007, 01:14 AM

Have you pled not guilty yet? I'm assuming you were let go by the judge on personal recognizance without an appearance? I had a similarly stupid charge. The advice I received from multiple lawyers was to first mail in your plea and ask to speak to a prosecutor asap. You can almost definitely get deferred adjudication for a silly case like this, especially given your situation. Basically deferred adjudication means you'll pay a fine and be done unless you do something again within some time period. After that time period expires, you can then file to have the adjudcation expunged from your record - making it as though it never happened.

This is a bit of a hassle, but guaranteed to work. Actually trying to beat the charge in court will be magnitudes more hassle, and if you lose - you're screwed. Also, if the case doesn't have any merit then there is a chance the prosecutor may just outright drop it, which is what ended up happening in my case.

Anyhow, see a lawyer.
Old 05-02-2007, 10:56 AM

pleading not guilty on the citations today. finding a lawyer tomorrow.

how do i ask to speak to a prosecutor? is this something the lawyer takes care of?

i never went to court. at 10am the next morning they let me out of my cell and gave me the two citations. i have not seen a judge, though it is my understanding that i will receive a summons this month.
Old 05-02-2007, 11:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Is the Manayunk Brewery/Brewpub still there? I volunteered there for about a year when I was trying to get into the biz.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes and more popular than ever. They just had their brewfest which was nuts and had about 50 breweries there, some good ones too. They also have a freeroll poker on thursday nights which me and my friends use as an excuse to play donkaments and get drunk. Good times.
Old 05-02-2007, 11:28 AM

LOL you live in ardmore? I live in wynnewood... do you goto school?
Old 05-02-2007, 10:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
pleading not guilty on the citations today. finding a lawyer tomorrow.

how do i ask to speak to a prosecutor? is this something the lawyer takes care of?

i never went to court. at 10am the next morning they let me out of my cell and gave me the two citations. i have not seen a judge, though it is my understanding that i will receive a summons this month.

[/ QUOTE ]

Different system here. I had to manually type/mail in my plea. I requested to speak to a prosecutor in the same mail.