Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-01-2007, 08:41 PM

Default Stupid Stud Question

I am just getting started playing stud, mostly in horse games. I am trying to figure out what an average winning player's VPIP is so I can adjust my play. (I am playing low/micro stakes)

Thanks for any replies.

Doc
Old 05-01-2007, 09:55 PM

Default Re: Stupid Stud Question

How do you get VPIP for the stud hands in horse? I don't even turn on PT or PAHUD for HORSE because it only picks up the hold em hands for me. Am I missing out on something?

In stud I believe winning players play very tightly and would have a low VPIP. But, having said that, the lower the ante and bring in relative to limit size the tighter you would play. Higher relative ante would pretty much dictate you would have to play a little looser. (WARNING: This is not expert advice so verify it before you swallow it whole!! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img])
Old 05-01-2007, 11:19 PM

Default Re: Stupid Stud Question

[ QUOTE ]
How do you get VPIP for the stud hands in horse? I don't even turn on PT or PAHUD for HORSE because it only picks up the hold em hands for me. Am I missing out on something?

In stud I believe winning players play very tightly and would have a low VPIP. But, having said that, the lower the ante and bring in relative to limit size the tighter you would play. Higher relative ante would pretty much dictate you would have to play a little looser. (WARNING: This is not expert advice so verify it before you swallow it whole!! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img])

[/ QUOTE ]

In addition to PokerTracker HE, there's PokerTracker Stud (for Stud, Stud 8, and Razz) and PokerTracker Omaha (for Omaha Hi and Omaha 8).

You have to own all 3 and have them running while playing HORSE. Each program tracks statistics for its respective game.

OP, you might post this question in the Stud forums.