Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2007, 11:12 AM

Default Re: Controversy at the Playboy mansion

[ QUOTE ]
He's not happy about this at all, and is taking aim at everything, including the charity, not just the parties involved - the two other players and the tournament directors. I am not sure when they went to number of hands, but the player who took third is livid. First point: no reason for him to have conflict with anybody other than who was responsible for that final table period.

[/ QUOTE ]

Where exactly did Terrence take aim at the charity? In fact, he also spared both Dannemann and Elizabeth from blame. Way to misrepresent his post. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 05-01-2007, 11:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
That woman sounds completely unhinged.

[/ QUOTE ]

Someone should forward that stuff to her superiors. Her actions are completely unprofessional.
Old 05-01-2007, 11:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You can ask anyone on 2+2, and anyone who knows me knows that I am totally honest and not shady at all, and if you post on 2+2, there will be a few wannabes that don't know me, and everyone that knows me will just laugh at you

[/ QUOTE ]
Anyone willing to stand up for her? I guess we're all just wannabes?

[/ QUOTE ]

She obviously thinks she has it in with the people here, she cant be talking about everyone, so she must think she has inpressed some of the big dogs around here. So come on guys lets hear it, how great of a person is this lady?
Old 05-01-2007, 11:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
That woman sounds completely unhinged.

[/ QUOTE ]

Based on my experiences with her, yes, that sounds about right.
Old 05-01-2007, 11:27 AM

Chan got screwed.

He got screwed because the celebs and "name" players though it was ok to collude because they are them and he is a "nobody" (either consciously or subconsciously).

And the tourney director is a complete idiot for allowing such a situation to occur.

1. You never change the rules mid game.
2. Didn't he see that such a situation was fraught with horrible possibilities for collusion and people getting screwed?

There were still 4 people left when this "change" went into effect. Immagine if you were 4th by a single chip and got nothing?

It's clear the money wasn't the driving factor for SE, she just wanted the "win" so she can go around talking about the tournament she "won" against all these big names.

She'll leave out the inconveinent details regarding the ridiculous turbo structure as well as the tourney just ending with 3 players remaining with chips

She needs to go back to making B movies where she takes off her clothes. That's all she's good for.

Oh and this Joy lady is being completely unprofessional. Insulting him and having a "well he won a prize, he should shut up" mentality.
Old 05-01-2007, 12:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
1. You never change the rules mid game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sometimes you have to, but it's got to be fair.
Old 05-01-2007, 01:06 PM

Default Re: Controversy at the Playboy mansion *DELETED*

Post deleted by Dids
Old 05-01-2007, 01:15 PM

"Remember one thing, Terrence, you're not Johnny Chan, you're Terrence Chan."

hahahahahaha

i hope tchan is super vocal about this and spreads it to all message boards and poker rags. that beayatch layed down the gauntlet but she is so clearly in the wrong that i cant imagine the public would side with her. esp when its been confirmed that se and sd actually split the wsop entries. thats really all the proof you need that there was explicit collusion.
Old 05-01-2007, 02:05 PM

Wow her responses have to qualify as the dumbest move EVER by someone acting in an official capacity for a charity.

She obviously could give a [censored] about the charity due to how her actions are going to negatively affect future events such as this one.

Even if the situation sucked and any resolution was going to be bad, you don't YELL at your customer for something that is due to YOUR POOR PLANNING. Just wow.
Old 05-01-2007, 02:12 PM

[quote
i hope tchan is super vocal about this and spreads it to all message boards and poker rags. that beayatch layed down the gauntlet but she is so clearly in the wrong that i cant imagine the public would side with her. esp when its been confirmed that se and sd actually split the wsop entries. thats really all the proof you need that there was explicit collusion.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not to speak too much for Terrence but I can assure you even after all the horrible things this Joy(most ironic name of all time) Miller has said about him and others, he won't drag her through the mud. He will leave that for others.

His only interest is the integrity of the game and fairness. If Joy and the people at the charity who hired her came to their senses and admitted their decisions compromised a fair outcome to the event which led directly to the obvious and admitted colussion with Elizabeth, Dannenmann and Duke, it would be a dead issue for him.

I'm assuming they do want people to attend their event again next year.

At some point you would also think that one of Elizabeth, Duke or Dannenmann might step up to the plate here and contact the event organizers to admit that what went down was wrong and that they aren't comfortable with how Terrance has been treated.
Closed Thread