Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-01-2007, 09:39 AM

Default Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

Old 05-01-2007, 10:20 AM

Default Re: AT vs aggro!

I think that yuo have to repop on the flop here to have any idea where you are. A10o was worth the raise preflop but once he raise back you have to proceed with caution. After the flop you have a marginal holding with few outs to improve and the cards that do improve your hand give you 2nd best hands. I think you have to reraise the flop and try to regain control of the hand or at least find out how much villain likes his hand
Old 05-01-2007, 10:23 AM

Not be be a dick...but I hate this hand. First A10 is not a great hand. It is easily dominated by a higher A which is going cost you money.

Preflop - If you decide to play and raise...then RAISE. Nobody is going to fold to your min raise preflop and you're lucky that you shut out the blinds.

Flop - now you've gotten yourself into very merky water. So many made hands crush you, and there are many draws that will destroy you weak holding. Calling here is the worst option. You get no info, allow draws to get a card, and have no idea where you stand. You should fold (which is a waste because of your preflop play) or raise and represent a big hand. If you're gonna raise...raise the pot. If you get called or reraised you're done. You don't want to even see a turn.

Turn - fold as played.

You have to avoid these marginal situations to make $$$. Even if your AT is the best hand and you have top pair...how good do you feel. The reverse implied odds are way against you. Next time either fold or make a significant raise preflop. It will clarify your hand.
Old 05-01-2007, 10:27 AM

Fold pf, fold flop, fold turn.

You won't find many good flops with ATo when villian repops you but it is a minraise so its not too bad, the flop is not very good for your hand but a call in position isn't terrible. The turn is an easy fold he isn't playing for stacks with A8 or below.
Old 05-01-2007, 10:58 AM

Flop raise is fine now fold to reraise....too likely to be dominated
Old 05-01-2007, 11:00 AM

Not sure what's going on in this thread... This looks fine to me.
Old 05-01-2007, 11:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Not sure what's going on in this thread... This looks fine to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

tell us more
Old 05-01-2007, 12:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
tell us more

[/ QUOTE ]
PF raise is fine. Could make it 1.25 because of the poster's dead money. Calling a min-raise is fine, too.

Flop call is fine. We have top pair and villian could be cbetting. We want to see a turn where we can either improve or see if villian will bet again.

Giving up on the turn when he fires again with another broadway card on the board is fine, too.

NH.
Old 05-01-2007, 04:48 PM

Default Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

Old 05-01-2007, 05:22 PM

The converter messed up a little. You can't see that MP checks first and then reraises. I call his mini-raise though. Since there is only one combo of AA, I'm pretty confident about my TP being good since the usual hands people limp/reraise with are AA, KK and I have KK beat here. AK and AQ are borderline for his preflop move and I'd be rather surprised. The K falling on the turn and the continued agression makes me fold here though. Nh.