Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2007, 07:45 AM

Default Re: Controversy at the Playboy mansion

lol that johnny chan line is great.
Old 05-01-2007, 08:19 AM

Wow. Wow.

I just read Joy's posts and it's amazing that someone acting in such an official role would act the way she did, complete with foul language.

But then I saw her picture and I remembered who she was.

This woman was one of the official WSOP photographers in 2006. She was by far the most abrasive, power-trippy, belligerent person at the Rio. If any of you read reports from various media personnel about how the non-CardPlayer and non-Bluff media were treated at the WSOP, you'll remember lots of reports that they were treated like crap. Joy was arguably offender number one.

Sparing every gruesome detail, she constantly did whatever she could to prevent the "red badge" media from doing anything, no matter how unobtrusive or respectful we were being. I spoke with a well-liked WSOP photographer (this wasn't his first WSOP - he had been very helpful to me the year before) about her at one point and he thought it was funny that I brought her up. He didn't like working with her, either.

Joy did a great job ruining what should have been a fantastic experience for me. If she wasn't biting a photographer/reporter's head off for taking a legal picture from a permitted location, she was ratting him out to WSOP officials. The sad part is, out of the media who was always around last year, I was probably the least aggressive and most respectful to the other media members. And I still got run over by Joy's tornado of antagonism. The one bit of satisfaction I got was when she tried to kick me out of an area where I was allowed to be. I told her that Gary Thompson (a WSOP big-wig) personally told me I could be there (he did). She didn't bother me after that, as much as it killed her.

I was never going to mention her, as what's done is done, but when I saw her name and then her picture, combined with reading her vile responses to Mr. Chan, I couldn't help but relate some of my feelings.
Old 05-01-2007, 08:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
this reminds me of the time Annie Duke grabbed someone's cards after the hand was over and looked at them; I don't remember the details but it was on TV and they were playing for real money (the TOC where she won 2 mil maybe)... I was stunned to see a "professional" do something I hadn't seen outside of .01/.02 home games... now I know she's just a [censored] with no honor

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure you aren't thinking of Jennifer Harman sneeking a peek at Phil Laak's cards on PAD?

The amount of libel on this board is amazing. People will write complete rubbish.

[/ QUOTE ]

like WutRUTryin2Hit mentioned:

Check out the book - positively 5th street by James McManus. Theres a mention of Annie Duke pulling a guys cards out of the muck (i think it was tony Ma) during a 1k sat for the main event.

Also i believe DN in the past had made posts in rgp about Annie Duke and situations similar to this but i cant find them at the moment nor do i know if theyre true or not.

This reminds me of a past prelim WSOP broadcast from either 04 or 05. There was some kind of argument with AD and some other guy. I think ESPN cut away from the final table they were broadcasting to check in on a Omaha 8/b tournament and Annie Duke was really worked up and nearly screaming at someone (i think it was Gank/ Brett Jungblut ). That was when i decided i didnt like this women.
Not sure what her beef was but her tone was just so obnoxious.

[ QUOTE ]
It gets worse. The latest on Terrence's blog comments by Joy Miller to his blog, she doesn't represent herself very well. My favorite line of hers is "Remember one thing, Terrence, you're not Johnny Chan, you're Terrence Chan." I guess if he was Johnny Chan they would have done something different?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yuk!.
At least we now know who to blame. Joy Miller 100%.
Old 05-01-2007, 08:59 AM

I had the displeasure of playing a chunk of the main event with AD last year. During one of the color ups (which she directed for the entire table, because God forbid we let the dealer do his job) she accused me of miscounting and asking for too many chips in return. It wasn't until the two guys on either side of me who had watched me count verified to her that I had counted correctly that she gave me my chips. My only thought was, "oh yeah, I guess all the stories are true."
Old 05-01-2007, 10:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
this reminds me of the time Annie Duke grabbed someone's cards after the hand was over and looked at them; I don't remember the details but it was on TV and they were playing for real money (the TOC where she won 2 mil maybe)... I was stunned to see a "professional" do something I hadn't seen outside of .01/.02 home games... now I know she's just a [censored] with no honor

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure you aren't thinking of Jennifer Harman sneeking a peek at Phil Laak's cards on PAD?

The amount of libel on this board is amazing. People will write complete rubbish.

[/ QUOTE ]

Speaking of libel, Jenn. never actually peeked at his cards, just mimicked it. Yeah, I believe her. Yeah, I love her.
Old 05-01-2007, 10:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You can ask anyone on 2+2, and anyone who knows me knows that I am totally honest and not shady at all, and if you post on 2+2, there will be a few wannabes that don't know me, and everyone that knows me will just laugh at you

[/ QUOTE ]
Anyone willing to stand up for her? I guess we're all just wannabes?
Old 05-01-2007, 10:52 AM

Oh, and:

http://terrencechan.livejournal.com/...23145#t1323145

Does anyone know if that's really that person?

[ QUOTE ]
I DARE YOU! I [censored] dare YOU...we are a 510 c3 organization and if you want me to personally mail/email your ignorant ass who has benefited from the charity then i will. we had a WSOP TD running the tournament by CA and USTD rules and if you EVER EVER EVER again question the integrity of the tournament, I DARE you to call us...ummm..what did you say? wrong, illegal and unethical to my [censored] face!

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 05-01-2007, 11:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Oh, and:

http://terrencechan.livejournal.com/...23145#t1323145

Does anyone know if that's really that person?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sciolist,

I'm pretty sure that is really her. I wasn't at the Playboy event, but as I mentioned in my previous post, I had interactions with her at the 2006 WSOP. I don't remember her last name from that time, but I know her name was Joy (her first name was easy to remember because I found it so ironic, like when a 300-pound man is named Tiny) and that woman in the picture is the same person.

EDIT: I looked at the other pictures in her photobucket account and yes, that's her.
Old 05-01-2007, 11:05 AM

lol donkaments
Old 05-01-2007, 11:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm pretty sure that is really her. I wasn't at the Playboy event, but as I mentioned in my previous post, I had interactions with her at the 2006 WSOP. I don't remember her last name from that time, but I know her name was Joy (her first name was easy to remember because I found it so ironic, like when a 300-pound man is named Tiny) and that woman in the picture is the same person.

[/ QUOTE ]
That woman sounds completely unhinged.
Closed Thread