Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-01-2007, 08:17 AM

Default Re: Heroes 4/30

Also, two things didn't make sense:

1) How can sylar kill claire, but not peter?

2) If he killed Nathan, how was he able to pass for him? Unless he had some sort of personality stealing power.
Old 05-01-2007, 08:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, two things didn't make sense:

1) How can sylar kill claire, but not peter?

2) If he killed Nathan, how was he able to pass for him? Unless he had some sort of personality stealing power.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well Peter is a badass so Sylar can try but prolly not be able to kill him. He has other weapons he can use. Claire is vulnerable other than her regenerating power....which is useless if her brain is removed.

I got a bit confused at your second question as well though. Obviously Sylar killed Nathan at some point, but when exactly? The only shapeshifter we saw was with Bennett in Texas at the paper factory no? Then they show what looks like her shot in the head on the floor. Unless Im confusing the characters somehow.
Old 05-01-2007, 08:33 AM

Syler mentions that he killed Candice (the illusion girl) and that allowed him to become President.
Old 05-01-2007, 08:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Syler mentions that he killed Candice (the illusion girl) and that allowed him to become President.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then who was the girl with Bennett when he was doing that whole blood test thing with the family at the paper company?
Old 05-01-2007, 08:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Why can't Hiro just meet Sylar, freeze time, then decapitate him and release the power of The Quickening?

[/ QUOTE ]

Old 05-01-2007, 08:50 AM

I guess I'm in the minority, but I thought this was the worst episode ever of this show. The premise was great, but everything felt really forced. Niki & Peter as a couple - dumb. HRG glasses guy no longer wearing HRG - what was the point? Ooooh - Claire's working in the same restaurant as memory girl. Big deal. It just seemed that they threw things together just to surprise the viewers. Lame.

If Parkman can read minds, he would've known that Sylar was disguising himself as Nathan.

Future Niki was just horrible acting.

Why would Sylar (as Nathan) fly away and ruin his whole plan for world domination? Couldn't he have at least changed into a homeless guy or something and THEN flown away? Seemed out of character.

Wouldn't the Haitian have negated Sylar's powers of transformation?

Future Hiro's soulpatch looked like it was drawn on in magic marker.

The 9/11 allusions were a little much. We get it.
Old 05-01-2007, 08:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Well Peter is a badass so Sylar can try but prolly not be able to kill him. He has other weapons he can use. Claire is vulnerable other than her regenerating power....which is useless if her brain is removed.

I got a bit confused at your second question as well though. Obviously Sylar killed Nathan at some point, but when exactly? The only shapeshifter we saw was with Bennett in Texas at the paper factory no? Then they show what looks like her shot in the head on the floor. Unless Im confusing the characters somehow.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, i'm referring specifically when Sylar had Peter pinned up against the wall and tried to use his scalpel finger on his skull. He didn't even get halfway across before the cut started healing. It's Claire's power, so why wouldn't the exact same thing happen when he did it to Claire?

And what i mean is, when he assumes his shape, he has to assume his personality/memory to pass for him. This wasn't the power of anybody featured so far, except maybe the Haitian.
Old 05-01-2007, 08:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Then who was the girl with Bennett when he was doing that whole blood test thing with the family at the paper company?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hana - the wireless girl who worked with Ted.
Old 05-01-2007, 09:17 AM

time travel issues always arise and subtle plot holes can be found...but all in all a good hour of my night.
Old 05-01-2007, 09:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I guess I'm in the minority, but I thought this was the worst episode ever of this show.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can confirm the accuracy of your guess.

[ QUOTE ]
If Parkman can read minds, he would've known that Sylar was disguising himself as Nathan.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Haitian can block Parkman's mind-reading powers. "I'm the President of the United States, you don't get to read my mind" would be a perfectly acceptable, inarguable reason for Sylar posing as Nathan to either never meet Parkman in person, or require that the Haitian be present at every meeting.

[ QUOTE ]
Future Niki was just horrible acting.

[/ QUOTE ]

Niki's acting always sucks. She is just excessively hot... so, like in every other episode, we don't care.

[ QUOTE ]
Why would Sylar (as Nathan) fly away and ruin his whole plan for world domination? Couldn't he have at least changed into a homeless guy or something and THEN flown away? Seemed out of character.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because Hiro successfully making it back in time would do far more harm to his plan for world domination than flying away in public after acquiring Claire's regenerative powers would. Now armed with Claire's power, who can stop him? Hell, he could have turned back into Sylar right there and been like "lol [censored]!!!!" and flown away.

[ QUOTE ]
Wouldn't the Haitian have negated Sylar's powers of transformation?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think so. He wasn't able to stop Nathan from flying away at the beginning of the season. I don't think he can block all abilities..... or maybe he was in on the whole thing?

This episode was awesome. One of the best.

Anyone else disappointed that Hiro didn't end up in prehistoric time squaring off against the dinosaur?