Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-01-2007, 02:24 AM

Default Re: Tim Duncan has 3 rings...

[ QUOTE ]
Duncan may be better than Garnett(and its very close), but Garnett is a 100times more fun to watch(last 2yrs aside which have been painful but not KG's fault)

[/ QUOTE ]

Who is this Garnett you speak of? Does he play professional basketball in the United States?
Old 05-01-2007, 02:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Well I stand corrected. I had no idea about all this hate.

[/ QUOTE ]

eh.. for me it's not really hate. I like watching him play a lot and that outweighs the whine factor. It does add to the overall crapiness that is watching the spurs, though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Crapiness watching the Spurs? You don't like teamwork? You don't like defense? Duncan's stoicism works against him on the whole "whining" thing. He's odd. He's a noncomformist. Too often when he makes a good play, he looks like a robot.

And Manu flops!! Forget his 3's. Forget his drives to the basket when he gets hammered without a call. Forget his steals and his hustle. He's a stinking foreign flopper.

Crappiness of watching the Spurs? That's rich. Three titles in the last 7 years. If you don't like watching the Spurs, you don't like watching quality basketball. Go rent a Dominique Wilkins highlight film and have fun.

[/ QUOTE ]

Manu doesn't get hammered so much as he dips his shoulder into anyone within 5 feet of him, acts like he gets simultaneously scalded by boiling water and shot in the face, and heaves up a ridiculous shot in hopes of getting bailed out.
Old 05-01-2007, 02:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

eh.. for me it's not really hate. I like watching him play a lot and that outweighs the whine factor. It does add to the overall crapiness that is watching the spurs, though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Crapiness watching the Spurs? You don't like teamwork? You don't like defense? Duncan's stoicism works against him on the whole "whining" thing. He's odd. He's a noncomformist. Too often when he makes a good play, he looks like a robot.

And Manu flops!! Forget his 3's. Forget his drives to the basket when he gets hammered without a call. Forget his steals and his hustle. He's a stinking foreign flopper.

Crappiness of watching the Spurs? That's rich. Three titles in the last 7 years. If you don't like watching the Spurs, you don't like watching quality basketball. Go rent a Dominique Wilkins highlight film and have fun.

[/ QUOTE ]

Manu doesn't get hammered so much as he dips his shoulder into anyone within 5 feet of him, acts like he gets simultaneously scalded by boiling water and shot in the face, and heaves up a ridiculous shot in hopes of getting bailed out.

[/ QUOTE ]

"a ridiculous shot in hopes of getting bailed out"

he must hit a ton of those then
Old 05-01-2007, 04:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you took the names out of this rant, and told me he was talking about the WNBA, I never would have questioned you.

zomg! Look at the team work! Look at the defense! Look at the driving to the hoop! Quality basketball! zomg!