Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-30-2007, 10:01 PM

Default Re: The Worst Strategy You\'ve Overheard at a Table

1-2NL...Arrogant young guy limp-calls a raise with 52s for $12 leaving himself $18 behind. He flops trips, check-calls all-in and cracks aces. "That's why I saw a raise with that hand; I knew aces would double me up if I hit." Friends nod in approval.
Old 04-30-2007, 10:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
1-2NL...Arrogant young guy limp-calls a raise with 52s for $12 leaving himself $18 behind. He flops trips, check-calls all-in and cracks aces. "That's why I only have
$30 left.

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course, we won't tell him that. Don't tap the glass. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 04-30-2007, 10:18 PM

lol this is the greatest thread ever.

i used to play a lot with this really good friend of mine, who happens to be a total fish. this one time i had two queens and go all in on a rainbow flop of all unders (he's a total calling station.) he called me with three to a flush and i asked him how he could possibly call me without even a pair. he said "i was hoping two more hearts would come." we proceeded to get into a lofty and heated philosophical discussion about living your life expecting unlikely things to happen.
Old 04-30-2007, 11:34 PM

I live in Florida so we just have the awful $2 limit games, I've heard infinite funny quotes like these....

Had AA on the button, everyone limps of course, I raise so they all immediately hate me, end up losing to 10 5 on the river. Old guy next to me starts explaining that it is bad to raise with aces because I haven't hit anything yet. He's like they always show people winning with aces on TV but it doesn't really happen that often. Then the next hand some guy had 22 and hit a set and won, and he's like SEE thats a good hand to raise with.
Old 04-30-2007, 11:49 PM

I have only gone to the b&m once, but this is what I heard at a 4-8 limit table.

broke guy in seat 2 to broke guy in seat 3 - How come ALL the bad players have chips in front of them, and ALL (pointing to himself and 3) the good players are way down? reply from broke guy seat 3 who had bought in twice already - You're right! I am gonna start playing bad too!