Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 04-30-2007, 06:27 PM

Default Re: bellagio shakeup

[ QUOTE ]
I have always been treated very well. Most all of the floor people remember me even after a years absence. I tip them moderately well and often, but no more than I do in Az or Wash where I also play. Those of you who complain the most seem to only look at issues from your own narrow perspective. Try to recognize other people might have a different interest in how things operate. If you dont like it that the Las Vegas service enonomy is based on tips be prepared for less than a satisfactory experience. Open up a little and you might be surprised how much more enjoyable your gambling experience might become.

wally

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you tip your waiter when you sit down at the table?

I'm sorry, I'm not buying that I need to pay off the brush in order to determine how long the list is at the 8/16. If he is friendly and helpful he will get taken care of - not the other way around.
Old 04-30-2007, 07:47 PM

Just to add, I went for the first time to vegas last July2-9, we played at Wynn, Rio, MGM, Alladin (I think, might have been ballys) and the Bellagio. The B was by far the worst room in terms of customer service. The Spikey haired kid was in fact a douche, and I remember thinking in general they were dicks even though I hadn't read anything about it. My sample size is only like 2 visits, but it def. stuck out in my mind as the worst customer service and left a bitter taste in my mouth. It felt crowded too, there wasnt nearly as much room in between tables as other places.

I played 8/16 both times. The Rio was during the WSOP and a zoo, and they were *still* nicer and more generally accomodating than the B. I asked for them to start a game b/c there were like 12 people on the list and I felt like they did everything they could to get things going for me.

I remmember thinking it was funny that they treated me like crap considering I probably made more an hour than they did.
Old 04-30-2007, 08:13 PM

In Las Vegas there are levels of service available to everyone. More than any place else that I have ever been this level of service is tip based. Accept it or not, its your choice, but dont think you are going to change it.

The one thing you can say about Vegas it that everything is upfront, everywhere else you have to learn the code before you are allowed in.

I dont knopw why this is such a shock to everyone, the tipping economy has long been a staple joke for commedians who play Las Vegas for years.

Wally
Old 04-30-2007, 08:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In Las Vegas there are levels of service available to everyone. More than any place else that I have ever been this level of service is tip based. Accept it or not, its your choice, but dont think you are going to change it.

The one thing you can say about Vegas it that everything is upfront, everywhere else you have to learn the code before you are allowed in.

I dont knopw why this is such a shock to everyone, the tipping economy has long been a staple joke for commedians who play Las Vegas for years.

Wally

[/ QUOTE ]

What does tipping have to do with awful customer service in the Bellagio poker room? You walk in and ask what games are running, and they act as if you've just informed them that the IRS is conducting an audit.

I know of no other poker room, in Las Vegas or elsewhere, that treats its patrons this way.
Old 04-30-2007, 09:39 PM

I dont know if it is because I tip the floorpeople a little or not. What I was saying is that when I go to the Bellagio after an absense of a few months to a year I am greeted warmly by most all of the floors, ask how I have been, what games I want up for, etc. I consider this to be exceptional service for someone like myself who is not a regular. If you do not get treated like this it may be because you have never let loose of a kind word or a chip or two.

Wally
Old 04-30-2007, 09:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I dont know if it is because I tip the floorpeople a little or not. What I was saying is that when I go to the Bellagio after an absense of a few months to a year I am greeted warmly by most all of the floors, ask how I have been, what games I want up for, etc. I consider this to be exceptional service for someone like myself who is not a regular. If you do not get treated like this it may be because you have never let loose of a kind word or a chip or two.

Wally

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you some sort of shill for the Floorman's Union?
Old 04-30-2007, 09:53 PM

All I know is that I play in a lot of cardrooms in Washington, Arizona, California and Las Vegas. I treat floor people well, tip moderately and almost always get friendly service. If you do not there must be some reason.
Think about it, maybe you complain too much and give too little.
Old 04-30-2007, 09:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
All I know is that I play in a lot of cardrooms in Washington, Arizona, California and Las Vegas. I treat floor people well, tip moderately and almost always get friendly service. If you do not there must be some reason.

[/ QUOTE ]

When you walk in to a new cardroom, what do you do, hand out $100's to everybody?
Your holier than thou attitude really sucks.
Old 04-30-2007, 09:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've played in plenty of card rooms in California and Las Vegas, and always been treated with courtesy.

Except at the Bellagio.

Maybe it's me, but that seems like a pretty longshot draw.
Old 04-30-2007, 10:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Wally

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you some sort of shill for the Floorman's Union?

[/ QUOTE ]
I have been greeted by one or two of the friendliest folks in poker at Bellagio. Perhaps Wally's just been lucky. But they are also home to a few of the nastiest. But they're not universally nasty, of course, only nasty to the faces they don't recognize.

And that's particularly galling. One day I was quietly standing at the desk being ignored for 2 minutes. I finally spoke to the guy who had kept his head down scribbling and calling names and he told to "just wait" when I spoke up. Then he looks up and sees someone he recognizes walk up, says "Hey Bill, 2/5 list?" and wrote that guy's name on the list, then put his head back down and continued to ignore me. Not heartwarming, not acceptable, and while I rarely wish ill for people, I do hope that douche is among the fired and that he is unable to get a job in any other Vegas poker room I visit. (And yeah, once it was clear he was going to continue to ignore me, I forced him to put my name on the list--but then I just got more steamed as I waited and ultimately walked out and didn't re-visit B for probably >6mo.)
Closed Thread