Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-30-2007, 12:49 PM

Default NL200 FR. SB, LP limp, facing raise and re-raise

Reads: BB is 22/7 over 3,000+ hands and a winning player. Less than 10 hands with BTN.

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $1/$2 Blinds - 9 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

<u>Hero (SB): $248</u>
<u>BB: $269.20</u>
UTG: $222.20
UTG+1: $137.55
MP1: $148.60
MP2: $295.20
MP3: $356.60
CO: $202.10
<u>BTN: $190.95</u>

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (9 Players)
6 folds, BTN calls $2, Hero calls $1, BB checks

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($6) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (3 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $6</font>, <font color="red">BB raises to $12</font>, <font color="red">BTN raises to $55</font>, Hero has no [censored] clue what to do...

thoughts welcome.
Old 04-30-2007, 12:55 PM

Default Re: NL200 FR. SB, LP limp, facing raise and re-raise

Hm...do we think bb would call an AI raise by us w/o 66/69/A9? BTN seems to want to get it in which I would gladly do against a button limper as in general I think we see 9T/J9/98 a lot more than 66/A9/69 from him. But if bb is good as you say and the worst he'll put it in with is Q9 then I think a flat call is good to see what bb does. I'm a bit confused by the hand though...not really sure what the best line is but that's my reasoning.
Old 04-30-2007, 01:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hm...do we think bb would call an AI raise by us w/o 66/69/A9? BTN seems to want to get it in which I would gladly do against a button limper as in general I think we see 9T/J9/98 a lot more than 66/A9/69 from him. But if bb is good as you say and the worst he'll put it in with is Q9 then I think a flat call is good to see what bb does. I'm a bit confused by the hand though...not really sure what the best line is but that's my reasoning.

[/ QUOTE ]

it's kind of funny how all that went through my head in the order you said it, but in about .3 sec. I thought OK, BB has 66 or 96, he wants to build the pot so he can fire a silly overbet on the turn praying for a call, but then BTN wants to put his penis on the table and measure as well...wtf?!

i'll post the incredible result in a couple hours.
Old 04-30-2007, 01:40 PM

Tough hand. Have you seen BB minraising before? I wouldn't be surprised to see an horribly played big pair by the button.

btw. does anyone like raising these weak button openlimps with marginal hands?
Old 04-30-2007, 01:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Tough hand. Have you seen BB minraising before? I wouldn't be surprised to see an horribly played big pair by the button.

btw. does anyone like raising these weak button openlimps with marginal hands?

[/ QUOTE ]

I had never actually played with him before, I have been datamining the NL200 for about 2 weeks and PAHUD was my read... I don't normally play NL200, but was thinking of doing so in a couple months.
Old 04-30-2007, 01:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
\btw. does anyone like raising these weak button openlimps with marginal hands?

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont generally like this move as it is very tough to get many button open limpers to fold to a raise from the blinds. If I were to do it, however, I'd prefer to raise very large with a hand with little postflop value like 83o or J2o and try to take down the blinds PF. K9s has value postflop and you can see a free flop. BTW, this is straight out of NLHTAP, certainly not my original idea.

As far as the hand, I'd call and evaluate the BB action and play accordingly.
Old 04-30-2007, 09:16 PM

The button limp and no stats make this tough to read. Pot-minraise-repot is pretty damn strong here, you can get away from it having only put in $6 voluntarily, or you can stack off for $200 against an unknown making a very bizarre and strong play. I think I would opt for the former even though 9x is possible.
Old 04-30-2007, 09:21 PM

Yeah this is a tough spot. However, I feel that BB might just have 9x and it could easily be a weaker kicker than yours. I find the limper's action to be very strange, because I would imagine that he would just smooth call if he flopped a full house with 66 - especially if he wasn't a good player - not that there's anything wrong with smooth calling, it's just that it's more likely that a bad player would slow play here.

Honestly, you do only have like 9 bucks invested, and it doesn't hurt to fold and give it up.

But, if you have a strong roll, I'd push it here thinking that the LP limper would've smooth called with full house. Although he may have A9 then you pretty much just got unlucky.

As for the min raise, bb can have anything still. But I find the BB to have 66699 more likely than the LP limper.

It's a push for me, you have K kicker, not 10 so I'd be more inclined to push.

*the more i think about it, i feel somebody's gotta have at least A9... *sigh
Old 04-30-2007, 10:03 PM

Yeah the BB minraiser who is a TAG also presents a problem. I think you either win or lose a humongous pot here, with 6 invested I don't care for the gamble.
Old 05-01-2007, 12:36 AM

Given the action in the hand so far I think there is still like a &gt;80% chance you have the best hand, and I am not considering laying this hand down. There is also already like $90 in the pot, and I can think of 2nd best hands that will call an all-in from you. Am I missing something? I either re-raise the flop all-in or call the flop and push any card on the turn. Just calling the flop may trap BB in the hand with a 9 and weaker kicker, but also gives some outs. The large flop bet by the unknown is probably saying "I have a very strong 2nd best hand and will call your all-in".