Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Video Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-30-2007, 04:14 PM

Default Re: Guitar Hero II on XBOX360. I can\'t wait!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
A couple of days ago I went for the 200K point achievement and managed to get 244K on Freebird and 5-star it (on medium). And tonight I got Institutionalized.

I still need Madhouse, Hangar 18, Psychobilly Freakout and a couple more. I managed to 4-star Psychobilly today but doubt I'll ever get that last star. I hate that song [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

When you finally "get" a song, it's a great feeling. Madhouse had been killing me, I'd only gotten 70k on hard. Today, I just suddenly "got" it. 114k, then 159k, then 180+k.

Same thing with Carry Me Home. All I'm missing (from 5 starring medium) is Institutionalized and Psychobilly (two songs I can't stand) and Free Bird.

Really is a great game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Strange, I'm a 3-star machine on Hard but I completely dominate the songs you listed on Medium. Hard is getting frustrating...the boos are starting to rain down on me but then I kinda get it together and stumble across the finish line

[/ QUOTE ]

I finally five starred Free Bird and Institutionalized and got the VIking guitar.

But Hard is kicking my ass. I'm actually stuck on the second tier of songs. I can't complete Woman. The beginning of the solo featuring a bunch of pull-offs is something I just can't do. I go to practice mode and find it easy at all the slow speeds, but can't manage it at normal speed. Hammer ons are easy, but I can't move my fingers fast enough to do the pull-offs. Frustrating as hell.
Old 04-30-2007, 04:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
About modding songs and such, I found THIS last night. I actually got around to playing it today. The good news is that you can play pretty much any song you want. The bad news is that it is ugly as hell and doesn't really seem to be as responsive as the official versions. Still, try it out if you guys like. You can connect your guitar to the pc if you have the proper adapter.

[/ QUOTE ]

For those of us that are just too lazy to create our own songs, is there a central repository that people upload their songs to? If so, got a link?

I finished GH2 and just need more, more, more!
Old 04-30-2007, 04:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hammer ons are easy, but I can't move my fingers fast enough to do the pull-offs. Frustrating as hell.

[/ QUOTE ]

Funny, I'm the opposite. I can do pull offs all day long, but hammer-ons I have to strum every note.

I've completed Expert though. Sucked at it for the most part, but waded through. Plenty of people better than me. I'm in the top 2.5% or so on the leaderboards, so I'm good, but not great.
Old 04-30-2007, 05:36 PM

With the method I was referring to there is a collection of songs. Its in the scorehero.com forums under software->custom songs. If you have an account here is a link

The whole process is not too difficult and basically involves transferring the game files to your pc, replacing the existing songs with note schemes from the database, then creating a new game disc which can be read by a modded ps2.

Don't ask me for details of the process since I just relay what I know from a friend. I'm sure you can find the entire method with some searching.
Old 04-30-2007, 06:13 PM

I think what's so great about this game is that you can always find something to do that's challenging.

I was working on 5-starring all medium songs but there are 4 songs I just can't do. And I don't seem to get any better at them. So today I started on Hard and 5-starred two of the easy songs. But I'll need lots more practice before I become friends with mr. Orange.
Old 05-01-2007, 08:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
With the method I was referring to there is a collection of songs. Its in the scorehero.com forums under software->custom songs. If you have an account here is a link

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah, I meant frets of fire. I only have a 360, so no modding capabilities for me. I've come to understand that custom song creation is easily done for frets on fire, which can be played with the 360 GH2 guitar. But, I'm too lazy to set that up if I don't have access to a ton of songs other people have already created.
Old 05-01-2007, 12:04 PM

The easiest way to get a bunch of songs is to google search for the Frets on Fire Torrent, I got about 500 songs like that (but only played a few before going back to regular GH).

Here is another link that I have found , but have not tried.
Old 05-04-2007, 01:42 AM

this game owns! just like most ppl say "WoW doesn't start until 60..." GH2 doesn't start until you learn how to do hammer-ons and pull-offs.

working my way through hard mode and i'm finally getting the hang of it. =D
Old 05-04-2007, 03:49 AM

I beat Jordan on expert for the first time yesterday when I went home from school. Now that I'm back at school I can't beat it on my own xbox [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 05-05-2007, 04:29 AM

I just got 5 gold stars for Thunderhorse (on Medium). I did some searching and it says you get 5 gold stars if you 100% a song. I don't even know if I got 100% on that song. But I know for sure that I've gotten 100% on Jordan and don't have gold stars for that song.

What's the deal?