Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 04-30-2007, 10:30 AM

Default Re: bellagio shakeup

The guy with the last name Meucci was always real nice to me. Is he still there?
Old 04-30-2007, 11:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So is Mohegan Sun supposed to have some big poker room ? I'm not a local, never heard of this place being built. Who owns it ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Visit the Mohegan Sun website for more info. Part of the HOB expansion.
Old 04-30-2007, 11:46 AM

oh snap, so it's not in vegas. interesting.
Old 04-30-2007, 04:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
TT, your arrogance, like Nate's used to be somewhat charming, but after a few posts the charm goes away and we are left with the ...substance?

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought I was the only one that really felt this way. This is the way he is.

Have you ever met people that chase around people that they think can do something for them; when the person that might be able to help them most is right infront of them in cut-off jean shorts? This is TT to the T. I played with him about a dozen times in NYC - he never remembered me and was generally fake - so I quit going to his game (it wasnt fun).

This is probably why he thinks the B's treatment of low limit players is ok, and also why his magazines/business have failed.
Old 04-30-2007, 04:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Have you ever met people that chase around people that they think can do something for them; when the person that might be able to help them most is right infront of them in cut-off jean shorts? This is TT to the T. I played with him about a dozen times in NYC - he never remembered me and was generally fake - so I quit going to his game (it wasnt fun).

[/ QUOTE ]

I have no recollection of who you are, or even your user name. Your name isn't on my old email list, unless you went by an alias I haven't a clue. We all play with hundreds of people in B&M environments, you are delusional if you think everyone should remember who you are unless you give them a reason to remember you - a reason could be as little as a whitty remark, the sound of your voice - anything. I tend to remember most interesting people I play with by face at the very minimum, to be bitter because I don't know who you are is ridiculous - the fact that it even matters if I know who you are is outrageous. I bet if I asked the other regulars in that game if they knew who you are they wouldn't have a clue either, you gotta make people remember you, not automatically assume it to be true. B&M poker isnt a popularity contest, you shouldn't care if someone you recognize doesn't know who you are - in fact what you should do is take advantage of the situation, your edge is now greater because you have a profile of the player to rely upon.

PS: The real reason "my game" (it really wasn't my game, but I did help promote it) wasn't fun because it was filled with good players. Thats why it died, the producers knew it was the toughest game in town at its level (it also had incredible action for the very same reason) and eventually interest dried up.

PPS: What makes you think my magazine has failed? Its very sucessful, still going strong.
Old 04-30-2007, 04:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have no recollection of who you are, or even your user name. Your name isn't on my old email list, unless you went by an alias I haven't a clue. We all play with hundreds of people in B&M environments, you are delusional if you think everyone should remember who you are unless you give them a reason to remember you

[/ QUOTE ]

Please. Your game had, maybe, 10 players that ever regularly played it - I would hardly consider myself delusional for wanting someone who marketed their game as a "home game" to remember me. Furthermore, who are you to talk about poker not being a popularity contest? Isn't that your shtik; being the cool guy?
Old 04-30-2007, 04:42 PM

I heard TT is Chuck Norris. Which is why I don't get him angry.
Old 04-30-2007, 04:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
A rumor was spreading the other day in Bally's that Bellagio was going to drop their low limit stuff. No more 4/8, probably no 8/16, and no NL2/5. They would have NL5/10 and 15/30 as their entry level games.

[/ QUOTE ]

WOW... was this rumor from a reliable source? Looks like Suzie is shaking the tree in a huge way.

[/ QUOTE ]

If this is true, the Belagio 5/10NL will get even softer than it already is!!
Old 04-30-2007, 05:37 PM

I have been reading this thread for several days. I know that there are always many reasons for wholesale personnel changes, and that these may be warrented by facts of which I am not aware. For myself, I play at the Bellagio once or twice a year usually for several days at a time. My usual game is 60-120 or 100-200 (formerly 80-160) and also 30-60 downstairs while waiting or is no other games going. I have always been treated very well. Most all of the floor people remember me even after a years absence. I tip them moderately well and often, but no more than I do in Az or Wash where I also play. Those of you who complain the most seem to only look at issues from your own narrow perspective. Try to recognize other people might have a different interest in how things operate. If you dont like it that the Las Vegas service enonomy is based on tips be prepared for less than a satisfactory experience. Open up a little and you might be surprised how much more enjoyable your gambling experience might become.

wally
Old 04-30-2007, 06:19 PM

Don’t know if TT seconds as Nate or not but find it hilarious that within five minutes of meeting you he’s likely to work in the snippet that he slips the floor a “red bird” at every opportunity.

Impressive.
Closed Thread