Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-30-2007, 04:25 AM

Default Good Poker Bots

How long do you guys think it will take before bots that actually play really well infest online poker? I am surprised it has not happened yet. I don't care if poker involves incomplete information, if you can get a normal computer to play national level chess you can get it to beat sng's. I think it's just a matter of time.
Old 04-30-2007, 04:50 AM

Default Re: Good Poker Bots

Brilliant!!!
Old 04-30-2007, 05:00 AM

It's going to happen though. Do you think for the next 50 years, no one will create a bot that can beat the 109 sng's?
Old 04-30-2007, 05:50 AM

They already have been developed for SNGs, and there have also been successfull LHE bots playing at least mid-stakes, but suprisingly no evidence of short-stack NLHE bots. It's becoming more an issue of control and management of the problem, something the sites have been very poor at so far.
Old 04-30-2007, 06:08 AM

infested that will need awhile. The best ones still play but they are not commercial available. The owners/programmers know that they kill the golden goose if they sell there bots,its better to let them play.
Old 04-30-2007, 06:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
..... I am surprised it has not happened yet. ...... I think it's just a matter of time.

[/ QUOTE ]

"Just a matter of time"? We have been there quite some time now.

The real question is not if winning bots exists or not, but if the sites has good methods of detecting them and shutting them down.

A poster on these boards found some 20-30 winning bots on Party that had played there for months. They got shut down but first after the player alerted Party. This is not the way it should work.
Old 04-30-2007, 07:25 AM

That's the way it works at the moment. UB have had apparantly had quite a few bots for quite some time, but have done nothing about it. At least party do envistigate and act appropriately, once it is reported to them.
Old 04-30-2007, 11:54 AM

I HATE BOTS... Visit my site later in the week with as list of all the bots currently on most sites. And I would agree that the poker bots are getting to the level that they are very profitable now. For instance the bot Banana234 on UB that plays HU exclusivly 50-100 in the last 3 months has won over $210,000. St Justice and bmw750i on UB are the same guy as banana234 which have just won tons. Bots make me sick and remember after you program a good one whats to stop selling or giving the code to anyone and copy, copy, copy and bam you have a huge bot infestation. read more about it in the coming days on destroythebots.com
Old 04-30-2007, 12:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I HATE BOTS... Visit my site later in the week with as list of all the bots currently on most sites. And I would agree that the poker bots are getting to the level that they are very profitable now. For instance the bot Banana234 on UB that plays HU exclusivly 50-100 in the last 3 months has won over $210,000. St Justice and bmw750i on UB are the same guy as banana234 which have just won tons. Bots make me sick and remember after you program a good one whats to stop selling or giving the code to anyone and copy, copy, copy and bam you have a huge bot infestation. read more about it in the coming days on destroythebots.com

[/ QUOTE ]

Site not up yet I guess?
Old 04-30-2007, 04:42 PM

As for general AI development, the tipping point (where AI's exceed human intelligence and then develop the next generations of AI's themselves accelerating away at an incredible rate) is probably <50 yrs.

Deepstack No Limit especially short-handed where set-mining doesn't outrun the blinds is probably the most diffcult for bots as designing a winnning 'formula' is very hard.

HU Limit has been shown to be the easiest.

Anyone who compares a game of complete information (like chess) to one of partial information (like poker) knows very little about AI....games of complete information can be solved by brute force calculation once you can crunch enough numbers...