Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-30-2007, 03:45 AM

Default Re: Cano for Alou - fair fantasy baseball trade?

NO THAT IS ABOSLUTELY TERRIBLE

James
Old 04-30-2007, 03:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
NO THAT IS ABOSLUTELY TERRIBLE

James

[/ QUOTE ]

ok... I don't need Cano, I have 2 guys (Aaron Hill & BJ Upton) who can play 2nd base who are doing better than Cano... what should I be going for, what do you think he's actually worth?
Old 04-30-2007, 04:04 AM

aaron hill is 100x worse than cano and if you can trade him in cano's place do that.

James
Old 04-30-2007, 04:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
aaron hill is 100x worse than cano and if you can trade him in cano's place do that.

James

[/ QUOTE ]

Cano hasn't done anything so far this season though, I'm not looking to give him away but my lineup isn't exactly stellar... he's hitting .270 with 1 hr and 8 rbi, while Aaron Hill is hitting .312 with 4 hr and 17 rbi... I realize that it's early, but until Cano heats up I see no problem starting Hill, and if I can get something decent in trade why not? I need pitchers in a bad way...
Old 04-30-2007, 04:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

James

[/ QUOTE ]

Cano hasn't done anything so far this season though, I'm not looking to give him away but my lineup isn't exactly stellar... he's hitting .270 with 1 hr and 8 rbi, while Aaron Hill is hitting .312 with 4 hr and 17 rbi... I realize that it's early, but until Cano heats up I see no problem starting Hill, and if I can get something decent in trade why not? I need pitchers in a bad way...

[/ QUOTE ]

Brian Cashman is that you?

Please don't trade Cano for Aaron Hill and Josh Towers.

Thanks,

Thayer
Old 04-30-2007, 04:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I am normally a fantasy football person, where dumping non-performing players makes more sense (I finished 3rd in my league and only that low because I had a playoff week where nobody showed up) and this is my first season in fantasy baseball... but I'm already 2nd to last in my league, isn't it time to make some moves? Or should I just be patient and hope that Cano, Delgado et all stop sucking?
Old 04-30-2007, 04:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I am normally a fantasy football person, where dumping non-performing players makes more sense (I finished 3rd in my league and only that low because I had a playoff week where nobody showed up) and this is my first season in fantasy baseball... but I'm already 2nd to last in my league, isn't it time to make some moves? Or should I just be patient and hope that Cano, Delgado et all stop sucking?

[/ QUOTE ]

the thing is, your team is pretty terrible all around. you made a common mistake of getting a fair amount of guys who used to be a lot better than they are and other guys who are good at real baseball and not as good at fantasy. Alou will not bad 400 all season. He plays in a pitcher's park, which will see his power decline. He is an ever-present injury risk. Cano is a young player who peaked last year probably but who will still provide a ton of value because he plays in such an insane lineup. Aaron hill had 6hr in his 1000 previous PA to this year, do you really think this power surge is indicative of what he will do for the rest of the season?

James
Old 04-30-2007, 04:06 AM

lol @ this thread.

Hell since Cano is so bad you should just drop him, I'm sure you can get better hitters than Alou on the free agents list.
Old 04-30-2007, 04:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
lol @ this thread.

Hell since Cano is so bad you should just drop him, I'm sure you can get better hitters than Alou on the free agents list.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I guess Alou isn't really worth anything to me, I have 4 sort-of playable outfielders... how about trying to trade for Torii Hunter? lol, Gary Matthews Jr. and Aaron Hill for Torii Hunter, fair?